IT Director – Transformation and Governance
9 days ago
Your life at Ubi
As Director IT Transformation and Governance, your role will be to lead and support the transformation of IT Enterprise Governance, a group of 90-100 peers, to a product-centric approach. The IT department is responsible for a large portfolio of business applications that cover different areas and domains (Finance, Sales, HR, Procurement, Security, etc.)
In this role, you will be responsible for defining the roadmap, ensuring the technological vision of the department, and maintaining the consistency of product management, development, support and operations processes while improving the Information Systems portfolio with more automation and digital disruption.
Your main mission
- Define, share, lead and govern processes, frameworks and knowledge across all product teams that will increase quality as well as efficiency;
- Work collaboratively with IT product teams to accelerate product deliveries, drive automation, promote self-service tools and platforms while ensuring stable and consistent services;
- Oversee teams responsible for the design, implementation and health of shared services, infrastructure and platforms;
- Drive cutting edge technologies and modernization of existing infrastructure services;
- Work with engineering leadership to drive change for developer ownership and promote DevOps ;
- Manage an international team spread between Montreal, Paris, Bucharest and Shanghai and participate in the coaching and development of all team members.
The professional value you bring
- Significant experience in IT leadership roles, managing technical teams of architects/engineers and international teams.
- Strong understanding of technology, coding, scaling, testing, and service operations while contributing effectively to technical conversations;
- Knowledge of what is required to build modern platforms, service frameworks, APIs and architectures;
- Knowledge of software development methodologies and lifecycle (SDLC); and strong understanding of DevOps and knowledge of tools;
Nice to have
- Experience working with cloud native tools such as Kubernetes and cloud technologies (AWS/GCP/Azure)
- Interest in video games.
The personal value you bring
- Strong driving and leadership skills to get teams on board;
- Ability to create a long term vision and share it with the teams;
- Strong creative and analytical problem solving skills, strong sense of responsibility and initiative;
Ubisoft’s team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. This ambition is very much embedded into our work here, at Ubisoft Romania, where we create games that reach millions of people worldwide. We’re working with top global Ubisoft studios on creating worlds that shape the entertainment industry - from Assassin’s Creed and Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon, to Watch Dogs, Just Dance and other exciting projects, yet to be announced. We are driven by the work we do and inspired by the fun we have while doing it!
We’re an equal opportunity employer and we believe that diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves.
Our colleagues from the IT department engineer and deliver reliable services & products for Ubisoft’s game development teams and for our player communities, as well as developing apps for internal, world-wide use.
Find us on Facebook, Instagram & LinkedIn, see how we do things, how we like to have fun and join us!
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.