IT Developer (ServiceNow Service Portal)
Montreal QC ca
5 days ago
Ubisoft Montreal, an industry leading developer of video games, located in the heart of Montreal’s Mile-End, offers a unique environment where creativity, teamwork and cutting-edge technology bring to life critically acclaimed video games and iconic AAA franchises.
When you join Ubi Montreal, you enter a community of passionate, extraordinary people connected by their need to innovate, to be creative and to work with the latest technology. You’ll discover a world where employees enjoy constant career advancement, a supportive learning environment, and competitive compensation packages.
As part of the ITSM team, the IT Developer designs, develops and implements new or existing Service Portals on top of our ServiceNow platform.
He will actively participate in the architecture and design phases. And then ensure the development, testing and maintenance of the portals.
The main and routine tasks of the IT Developer are to:
- Proactively seeks opportunities to broaden and deepen knowledge base and proficiencies regarding processes;
- Shares acquired skills with team members through formal and informal channels;
- Proposes ideas of improvement of the applications, procedures and technologies used;
- Ensures reporting to his/her manager and communicates and escalades warnings;
- Maintains excellent knowledge on the domain activity;
- Design, code and test technical solutions while seeking optimal performance and structuring that answer best clients’ needs;
- Support the good working of developed applications in all environments through interaction with Ops teams and/or set up of continuous integration and deployment tools;
- Works with Project Managers and/or Development Team Leaders to define priorities, build project plans and estimations;
- Adheres to the standards and best practices in department and company;
- Understands technical and functional design requirements, proposes alternative options to improve applications or reduce effort or reduce technical debt;
- Participates in physical and logical database design;
- Creates prototypes for client engagements;
- Identifies and troubleshoots system deficiencies and recommends solutions;
- Increases applications operating efficiency on a regular basis;
- Establishes responsible deadlines and personal work plans and manages time effectively;
- Execute assigned tasks and communicate status to project manager showing progress against milestones, status, issues, risks and dependencies;
- Creates technical documentation, is quality driven in term of deliverables;
- After a ticket is assigned to him/her, works with Support Coordinator to estimate the time necessary to implement corrections and implements the necessary corrections and changes that will solve the problems;
- Effectively communicates relevant project/team related information to superiors;
- Trains more junior resources and help team meet its development plans;
- Informs team members about the decisions that can have an impact upon their projects;
- Actively contributes to corporate knowledge base;
- Suggests system improvements and offers alternative solutions to the different problems that may appear;
- Carry out all other related tasks.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or any other related field.
- At least 1 development experience on the ServiceNow Service Portal technology.
- ServiceNow Service Portal
- Fluent in English (French is an asset);
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming (adheres to a solid and reusable object oriented design);
- Web applications' security principles;
- Knowledge of client server and internet systems architectures;
- Web services & APIs design and implementation (REST, SOAP).
- Always thinks and acts with clients’, end users satisfaction in mind;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Excellent communication and organization skills;
- Responsible and accountable for his/her actions;
- Problem solving and questioning skills;
- Persevering, autonomous, takes initiative;
- Capacity to multitask and perform on strict deadlines;
- Quality, services and result oriented;
- Easily adaptable to changes and proposals;
- Good team player, able to accept constructive criticism and give feedback, facilitates effective team interaction;
- Creative & innovative.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.