IT Developer (PHP- Full stack)
Montreal QC ca
5 days ago
The Enterprise Business Services (EBS) is currently looking for a junior Full-Stack IT Developer (PHP as backend) to join their team in charge of developing the company’s E-Commerce ecosystem through building new features and integrating new services such as Payment Service Providers, Order and Tax Management, Subscription Management.
The IT Developer will participate the web project development process: analysis, design and code implementation, test and debugging of the functions that they will integrate.
The main and routine tasks of the IT Developer are to:
- Design, code and test technical solutions while seeking optimal performance and structuring;
- Employ a straightforward development process aiming at reusable, optimal, maintainable solutions that will enhance the platform quality;
- Support the good working of developed applications in all environments through interaction with Ops teams and/or set up of continuous integration and deployment tools;
- Works with Project Managers and/or Development Team Leaders to define priorities, build project plans and estimations;
- Identifies and troubleshoots system deficiencies and recommends solutions;
- Increases applications operating efficiency on a regular basis;
- Execute assigned tasks and communicate status to project manager showing progress against milestones, status, issues, risks and dependencies;
- Creates technical documentation, is quality driven in term of deliverables;
- Effectively communicates relevant project/team related information to superiors;
- Informs team members about the decisions that can have an impact upon their projects;
- Adheres to the standards and best practices in department and company;
- Actively contributes to corporate knowledge base;
- Suggests system improvements and offers alternative solutions to the different problems that may appear;
- Maintains excellent knowledge on the domain activity;
- Shares acquired skills with team members through formal and informal channels;
- Carry out all other related tasks.
Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related training.
Minimum 1 year in a professional software development environment in the following:
- PHP stack (preferably Symphony framework);
- Oriented objects;
- ReactJS or AngularJS (an asset);
- Database knowledge (SQL or NoSQL).
- Knowledge on PHP frameworks ( preferably Symphony);
- Extensive knowledge on developing and consuming web services;
- Good command of database technologies such as MySQL;
- Good knowledge on AWS stack;
- Experience with Unit Testing;
- Agile development an asset;
- Experience in working Continuous Integration / Deployment platform is an asset;
- Microservices (is a plus);
- Bilingual (English and french).
- Suggest improvements and offer alternative solutions;
- Good team player;
- Good communication and organization skills;
- Quality and result oriented.
You will benefit from a competitive compensation package, an open learning environment, and contribute to an international team driving innovation.
- The office is located at 405 Ogilvy, in front of Parc's metro station
Ubisoft Montreal, an industry leading developer of video games, located in Montreal, offers a unique environment where creativity, teamwork and cutting-edge technology bring to life critically acclaimed video games and iconic AAA franchises.