This job might no longer be available.
IT Developer ( Full stack)
Montreal QC ca
7 months ago
Ubisoft is seeking a Full Stack Developer to join our IT Department for designing and developing web applications. As part of the IT Customer & Marketing Solutions team located in Montreal, you will be working mainly on public web projects for various areas like Digital Marketing or Community. You will be involved in projects spanning multiple countries on a daily basis.
If you are passionate about designing and implementing Web Applications, enjoy setting ambitious goals and taking up complex challenges, we have the right job for you.
The main and routine tasks of the IT Developer are to:
- Proactively seeks opportunities to broaden and deepen knowledge base and proficiencies regarding processes;
- Proposes ideas of improvement of the applications, procedures and technologies used;
- Design, code and test technical solutions while seeking optimal performance and structuring that answer best clients’ needs;
- Support the good working of developed applications in all environments through interaction with Ops teams and/or set up of continuous integration and deployment tools;
- Works with Project Managers and/or Development Team Leaders to define priorities, build project plans and estimations;
- Adheres to the standards and best practices in department and company;
- Understands technical and functional design requirements, proposes alternative options to improve applications or reduce effort or reduce technical debt;
- Identifies and troubleshoots system deficiencies and recommends solutions;
- Establishes responsible deadlines and personal work plans and manages time effectively;
- Execute assigned tasks and communicate status to project manager showing progress against milestones, status, issues, risks and dependencies;
- Creates technical documentation, is quality driven in term of deliverables;
- After a ticket is assigned to him/her, works with Support Coordinator to estimate the time necessary to implement corrections and implements the necessary corrections and changes that will solve the problems;
- Effectively communicates relevant project/team related information to superiors;
- Informs team members about the decisions that can have an impact upon their projects;
- Actively contributes to corporate knowledge base;
- Suggests system improvements and offers alternative solutions to the different problems that may appear;
- Carry out all other related tasks.
- Participate in the design/analysis, coding, testing, integration, debugging and supporting of online applications.
- Estimating the effort required to accomplish tasks.
- Evaluate risks and impacts of decisions and changes.
- Staying up to date on new technologies in the online services, game development and general web fields.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or any other related field or equivalent experience.
3+ years’ experience as a Developer within a professional software development environment in the following:
- ASP.Net stack (C#, MVC, WebApi)
- ReactJS or AngularJS
- Database programming (SQL or NoSQL)
- Strong experience developing and integration back end services
- Agile Development
- Continuous Integration\Deployment
- Unit Testing\ TDD
- NodeJS ecosystem (nodejs, webpack, npm, etc)
- AWS related experience
- Be autonomous and resourceful
- Fast learner
- Attention to details
- Having good relationship and communication skills
- Team player
- Easily adapts to changes, to new concepts
- Being able to meet deadlines
- Proficient in English, written and spoken. French is a plus.
Ubisoft Montreal, an industry leading developer of video games, located in the heart of Montreal’s Mile-End, offers a unique environment where creativity, teamwork and cutting-edge technology bring to life critically acclaimed video games and iconic AAA franchises. You will benefit from a competitive compensation package, an open learning environment, and contribute to an international team driving innovation.