IT Developer (DevOps)
Montreal QC ca
5 days ago
As part of the Global IT Live Games team, squad members bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas, but also value the chance to work in many broader domains. As an IT Developer, you’ll work in a fast-paced and challenging environment, creating solutions to overcome obstacles, provide value to Game Productions and indirectly to Ubisoft as a whole. You will work with many technologies with the aim not only to push Ubisoft forward, but challenge the industry.
The Live Games team is composed of cross-functional experts that work very closely with the Productions' Online Programmers to ensure ease of operability and long-term stability of games. We build tools and products that automate and work with infrastructure so that developers can focus on their areas of expertise rather than needing to learn the nuances of infrastructure development. We focus on efficient pipelines from code to production including automation.
Our team's goal is to build and maintain essential infrastructure and services for Productions' developers, and players. You’d be responsible for:
- Creating solutions that allow developers to use our infrastructure easily;
- Designing, building, and shipping scalable and sustainable products;
- Developing the infrastructure, services, and tools that will empower all of the Live Games team to push the boundaries and focus on innovation and evolution.
- Working closely with teammates in design, code, and test-plan reviews to help build robust software and foster knowledge sharing.
Training and competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or any other related field.
- At least 3 years’ experience as a Developer defining and developing complex technical solutions;
- Proven record of working with Kubernetes and Docker in a microservices-based architecture;
- At least 1 year experience in an Agile environment, and familiar with Scrum methodology;
- Highly proficient in one, or more of the following languages: Go, Python, Java;
- Good knowledge of common databases providers (MySql, Mongo, Redis, ElasticSearch, etc.);
- Web applications' security principles;
- Knowledge of client server and internet systems architectures;
- Web services & APIs design and implementation (REST, SOAP);
- Proficient with Cloud technologies (AWS, GCP);
- Familiarity with “Infrastructure as Code” and tooling like Terraform, Ansible;
- Experience with design patterns, test-driven development and automated testing frameworks.
Skills and knowledge can come in various forms, from a range of experiences. That's why we strongly encourage you to apply even if you may not have all the requirements listed above.
We are an equal opportunity employer and diversity is important to us. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or health status. The masculine form is used to make the text lighter.
Ubisoft Montreal, an industry leading developer of video games, located in the heart of Montreal’s Mile-End, offers a unique environment where creativity, teamwork and cutting-edge technology bring to life critically acclaimed video games and iconic AAA franchises.
When you join Ubi Montreal, you enter a community of passionate, extraordinary people connected by their need to innovate, to be creative and to work with the latest technology. You’ll discover a world where employees enjoy constant career advancement and a supportive learning environment.