This job might no longer be available.
IT Developer (Data Quality)
Montreal QC ca
6 months ago
As part of the Enterprise Data Team, the IT Developer designs, develops and implements new rules and process to follow Data quality withing the Datalake Team. The candidate will also have to ensure support and maintain, develop and implement new feature on the tools provides per Enterprise Data quality Team .
The main and routine tasks of the IT Developer are to:
- Define, implement and execute data quality tests to identify potential problems and propose improvements on Datalake side;
- Provide special assistance during the certification phases to ensure the proper functioning of solutions and related processes;
- Be proactive in system monitoring and detection of data quality issues in production;
- Contribute to the definition and implementation of key data quality indicators;
- Participate in the design, development, maintenance, enhancements, deployment and support of various APIs (REST and GraphQL) developed;
- Maintains excellent knowledge on the domain activity;
- Design, code and test technical solutions while seeking optimal performance and structuring that answer best clients’ needs;
- Support the good working of developed applications in all environments through interaction with Ops teams and/or set up of continuous integration and deployment tools;
- Adheres to the standards and best practices in department and company;
- Increases applications operating efficiency on a regular basis;
- Establishes responsible deadlines and personal work plans and manages time effectively;
- Execute assigned tasks and communicate status to project manager showing progress against milestones, status, issues, risks and dependencies;
- Creates technical documentation, is quality driven in term of deliverables;
- Actively contributes to corporate knowledge base;
- Suggests system improvements and offers alternative solutions to the different problems that may appear;
- Carry out all other related tasks.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or any other related field.
- At least 3 year’s experience as a Developer within a professional IT environment.
Skills and Knowledge
- Basic computer skills (Windows, Linux, VM);
- Knowledge of the database, the mastery of the SQL language is required (the knowledge of Teradata SQL is a plus);
- Experience in testing and controlling data quality;
- Experience in programming (Python, Shell scripts ...);
- Experience in software development (test automation, development and continuous integration) and API (REST, GraphQL);
- Working experience with agile methodology and tools (Scrum);
- Fluency in English required (oral, written);
- Experience with Tableau Software is a plus;
- Front End development is a plus.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
At Ubisoft Montreal, a preeminent developer of video games located in Montreal’s dynamic Mile-End neighbourhood since 1997, we offer a work environment unique in the industry for allowing you to build and cultivate games that are part of critically acclaimed, iconic AAA franchises of international repute.
When you join Ubi Montreal, you enter a community of passionate, extraordinary developers connected by their need to innovate, to be creative and to work with the latest technology. You’ll discover a world where employees enjoy constant career advancement, a supportive learning environment, and competitive compensation packages.
The Enterprise Data department is seeking an IT Developer (Data Quality) who can bring their expertise to life in our dynamic team of gaming & tech enthusiasts. If you are bold, driven and unafraid of pushing boundaries, we want you on our team.