This job might no longer be available.
IT Developer (Data Lake)
Montreal QC ca
15 days ago
As part of the Global Network Service - Business team, the you will participate in the support of the Data Lake team, supporting data pipelines, processes and applications to fulfill business objectives. The Data Lake team enables the centralization and management of all Ubisoft raw data in near real-time, and make that data available for various uses like data warehousing, analysis and exploration.
In this role, you will ensure stability of existing pipelines and processes as well as suggesting improvements and optimizations.
Your main tasks are to:
- Support existing real-time and batch data ingestion pipeline;
- Analyze the data sources and perform data exploration;
- Share acquired skills with team members through formal and informal channels;
- Propose ideas of improvement of the applications, procedures and technologies used;
- Ensure reporting to your manager as well as communicate and escalade warnings;
- Support the good working of developed applications in all environments through interactions with Ops teams and/or set up of continuous integration and deployment tools;
- Identify and troubleshoot system deficiencies and recommend solutions;
- Increase applications operating efficiency on a regular basis;
- Create technical documentation that is quality driven in term of deliverables;
- Actively contribute to corporate knowledge base;
- Suggest system improvements and offer alternative solutions to the different problems that may appear.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or any other related field.
Minimum 3 year’s experience in a support/devops position within a professional IT environment.
- Excellent Knowledge and experience of Linux and scripting;
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming (adheres to a solid and reusable object oriented design);
- Git or TFS source control usage;
- Knowledge or interest on Scala is an asset;
- Knowledge or interest on Big data technologies (HDFS, Hive, Impala, Kafka, Spark, Airflow etc.) is an asset;
- Knowledge or interest on Cloud/Container technologies is an asset (Docker, Kubernetes, Ansible);
- Understanding of web services & APIs (REST, SOAP);
- Availability to join rotation on-call support when necessary;
- Bilingual (French and English).
- Strong analytical skills;
- Excellent communication and organization skills;
- Responsible and accountable for his/her actions;
- Problem solving and questioning skills;
- Persevering, autonomous, takes initiative;
- Capacity to multitask and perform on strict deadlines;
- Quality, services and result oriented;
- Easily adaptable to changes and proposals;
- Good team player, able to accept constructive criticism and give feedback, facilitates effective team interaction;
- Creative & innovative
Skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that's why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
At Ubisoft Montreal, a preeminent developer of video games located in Montreal’s dynamic Mile-End neighbourhood since 1997, we offer a work environment unique in the industry for allowing you to build and cultivate games that are part of critically acclaimed, iconic AAA franchises of international repute.
When you join Ubi Montreal, you enter a community of passionate, extraordinary developers connected by their need to innovate, to be creative and to work with the latest technology. You’ll discover a world where employees enjoy constant career advancement, a supportive learning environment, and competitive compensation packages.