This job might no longer be available.
IT Developer (C# - Salesforce Marketing Cloud Solutions)
Montreal QC ca
1 month ago
Part of the Customer & Marketing Solutions team, the IT Developer designs, develops and implements tools to fulfill business objectives. This role is also to ensure the testing and maintenance of the applications, actively participates in the requirement gathering sessions, determines the potential value of new technologies that support business operations and devises strategies that foster best practices and knowledge sharing. The development process includes daily challenges related to architecture, design, security, performance and scalability in real-time environments.
The position works closely with the CRM group, which aims to improve the engagement, retention and monetization while ensuring player satisfaction at each step of the gamer’s journey. Leveraging the power of big-data and reaching multiple channels, the IT Developer helps create a unique 1-1 relationship with the fans and ultimately drive loyalty within the Ubisoft ecosystem.
The main and routine tasks of the IT Developer are to:
- Proactively seeks opportunities to broaden and deepen knowledge base and proficiencies regarding processes;
- Shares acquired skills with team members through formal and informal channels;
- Proposes ideas of improvement of the applications, procedures and technologies used;
- Ensures reporting to his/her manager and communicates and escalades warnings;
- Maintains excellent knowledge on the domain activity;
- Design, code and test technical solutions while seeking optimal performance and structuring that answer best clients’ needs;
- Support the good working of developed applications in all environments through interaction with Ops teams and/or set up of continuous integration and deployment tools;
- Works with Project Managers and/or Development Team Leaders to define priorities, build project plans and estimations;
- Adheres to the standards and best practices in department and company;
- Understands technical and functional design requirements, proposes alternative options to improve applications or reduce effort or reduce technical debt;
- Participates in physical and logical database design;
- Creates prototypes for client engagements;
- Identifies and troubleshoots system deficiencies and recommends solutions;
- Increases applications operating efficiency on a regular basis;
- Establishes responsible deadlines and personal work plans and manages time effectively;
- Execute assigned tasks and communicate status to project manager showing progress against milestones, status, issues, risks and dependencies;
- Creates technical documentation, is quality driven in term of deliverables;
- After a ticket is assigned to him/her, works with Support Coordinator to estimate the time necessary to implement corrections and implements the necessary corrections and changes that will solve the problems;
- Effectively communicates relevant project/team related information to superiors;
- Trains more junior resources and help team meet its development plans;
- Informs team members about the decisions that can have an impact upon their projects;
- Actively contributes to corporate knowledge base;
- Suggests system improvements and offers alternative solutions to the different problems that may appear;
- Carry out all other related tasks.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or any other related field.
- 1 year experience as a Developer within a professional software development environment, hands-on experience coding on the Microsoft Tech Stack (C#, asp.net).
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming (adheres to a solid and reusable object oriented design);
- .NET Developer: Hands-on knowledge of related technologies (ASP.NET, WebAPI, .NET Core);
- Git or TFS source control usage;
- Web services & APIs design and implementation (REST, SOAP);
- Always thinks and acts with clients and end users satisfaction in mind;
- Eager to learn new scripting and programming languages;
- Willing to engage with niche programming language that we used in the
- Strong analytical skills;
- Excellent communication and organization skills;
- Responsible and accountable for his/her actions;
- Problem solving and questioning skills;
- Persevering, autonomous, takes initiative;
- Capacity to multitask and perform on strict deadlines;
- Quality, services and result oriented;
- Easily adaptable to changes and proposals;
- Good team player, able to accept constructive criticism and give feedback, facilitates effective team interaction;
- Creative & innovative.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
Ubisoft Montreal, an industry leading developer of video games, located in the heart of Montreal’s Mile-End, offers a unique environment where creativity, teamwork and cutting-edge technology bring to life critically acclaimed video games and iconic AAA franchises.