IT Developer (C#, Java, Python)
Montreal QC ca
2 days ago
The GNS Production team works on a variety of solutions, such as applications, tools, and scripts for the Distribution and Game Production teams within Ubisoft. As such, this team operates source control, content distribution, collaborative teamwork solutions and other production tools for all game productions at Ubisoft. Across all Ubisoft studios, GNS Production ensures that the applications, services and infrastructure required for game productions are available and performing as required.
As an IT Developer working for the GNS Production team, you will be responsible for designing, developing, and implementing applications and tools to effectively optimize and enhance the operational efficiency of the Source Control service group. Working with the Technical Leads and Subject Matter Experts (SME), within a CI/CD based Dev/OPS framework, you will develop different solutions, enabling game productions to reach new summits.
As part of your responsibilities, you will:
- Design, code and deploy software solutions all while maintaining optimal performance and functionality for each project;
- Work with the Technical Leads and SMEs to understand technological platform standards across projects and systems;
- Support the optimal delivery of developed applications in all environments through interaction with Ops teams and/or set up of continuous integration and deployment tools (CI/CD);
- Identify and troubleshoot system deficiencies and recommend solutions;
- Draft technical documentation and architecture decision records for the products in development;
- Participate in the design and deployment of operational databases, as well as in the warehousing and use of historical operations data;
- Increase efficiency on development processes and application operations regularly.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent.
- 3+ years experience as a developer;
- Working background in information technology delivery and support.
Skills and Knowledge
- Good understanding of the entire development cycle (analysis, design, estimation, development, testing and deployment);
- Good knowledge of the best practices in software development such as coding standards, and testing process (Test Driven development preferably);
- Experience with C# (.Net Core is an asset);
- Java and Python is an asset;
- Knowledge or experience working with a Linux environment is an asset;
- Working knowledge of Gitlab or similar version control tools;
- Knowledge of micro services (ex. Docker containers);
- Curious mindset with good analytical and problem skills as well as adaptable to a quickly changing environment.
Skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that's why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.
At Ubisoft Montreal, a preeminent developer of video games located in Montreal’s dynamic Mile-End neighbourhood since 1997, we offer a work environment unique in the industry for allowing you to build and cultivate games that are part of critically acclaimed, iconic AAA franchises of international repute.
When you join Ubi Montreal, you enter a community of passionate, extraordinary developers connected by their need to innovate, to be creative and to work with the latest technology. You’ll discover a world where employees enjoy constant career advancement, a supportive learning environment, and competitive compensation packages.