IT Desktop Support Specialist II
18 days ago
Job Title:IT Desktop Support Specialist II
Activision Blizzard plays a centralized role in the creation of epic entertainment by supporting our interactive gaming brands and studios with a diverse range of career opportunities across corporate functions such as Marketing, Communications, Legal, Human Resources, Finance and Supply Chain. Located in our global headquarters in Santa Monica, we encompass equal parts agility, creativity, and rigor to enhance the employee and player experience. To learn more, check us out at www.activisionblizzard.com or on Twitter at @ATVI_AB.
As the Desktop Support Specialist II, you will be responsible for the desktop infrastructure specializing in PC/Mac/mobile devices. The technician will work within the Desktop Systems team on a special project. This includes (but not limited to) imaging and setting up/deploying computers/mobile devices, providing onsite and remote hardware and software troubleshooting, break-fix, manage incoming incident/request tickets, support calls, etc.
- Report to the Sr. Manager of Desktop Systems
- Work closely with IT Support Coordinator and Inventory Admin on proper processing of Onboarding/Offboarding
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Image, setup, deploy computers/mobile devices including package/ship by working with support team members, Mailroom staff and end users.
- Support end users on-site and remote (including VIPs) with IT onboarding, training/classes, day to day, etc.
- Assist with office/cubicle moves (IT equipment) / Return to Office projects and operational.
- Monitor/triage tickets and perform remote support as part of Service Desk team and/or perform customer-facing support as part of Desktop Support team.
- Responsible for working and tracking cases from beginning through resolution.
- Perform installations, adds, moves, and changes for PCs, monitors, printers and related peripherals.
- Perform software and hardware configuration across diverse platforms.
- Setup and support mobile devices including both Android and iPhone.
- Partner with IT management and security team to ensure that all systems adhere to security policies and any compliance requirements.
- Participate in 24/7 IT coverage for the critical business environment and applications.
- Adhere to Global IT change control policies, standards, and architecture.
- Continually researches and keeps abreast of new computer infrastructure, computer system operating environments and new software applications.
- Perform backup support to users globally EU/APAC (Europe and Asia Pacific) and collaborate with Service Desk and Desktop Support counterparts in EU/APAC
- Perform archive restores, manage user and computer accounts in AD, patch management, manage VPN accounts, Aspera requests, respond to security alerts/resolutions, password resets, IBM BigFix Asset Management, and all other duties as assigned.
- 5+ years IT experience in a support, and/or project-based environment, previous experience as a Service Desk or Desktop Support Technician (Help Desk) required.
- 2+ years working with Executive and Director level employees.
- 2+ years of experience in support & troubleshooting Windows & Mac OS platforms including mobile devices running Apple iOS & Android OS
- 2+ years of experience with client-side troubleshooting of network services (i.e., DNS, DHCP, and certificate-based authentication)
- Minimum 1-year experience with Active Directory and O365
- Work with all types of people and ability to communicate with a broad spectrum of individuals.
- Ability to work multiple incidents and effectively manage resolution of tickets.
- Innate understanding of urgency and the escalation of issues quickly when appropriate
- Analytical skills to assist in the resolution of complex issues that may be time sensitive.
- Ability to assess resource requirements to support an implementation.
- Ability to estimate effort to complete tasks.
- Ability to plan, organize, schedule, and manage activities.
- 2+ years’ work experience in Media/Entertainment industry a plus
We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty ®, World of Warcraft® , Overwatch ®, Diablo ®, Candy Crush ™ and Bubble Witch ™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, among other characteristics.
We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered! Subject to eligibility requirements, the Company offers comprehensive benefits including:
- Medical, dental, vision, health savings account or health reimbursement account, healthcare spending accounts, dependent care spending accounts, life and AD&D insurance, disability insurance;
- 401(k) with Company match, tuition reimbursement, charitable donation matching;
- Paid holidays and vacation, paid sick time, floating holidays, compassion and bereavement leaves, parental leave;
- Mental health & wellbeing programs, fitness programs, free and discounted games, and a variety of other voluntary benefit programs like supplemental life & disability, legal service, ID protection, rental insurance, and others;
- If the Company requires that you move geographic locations for the job, then you may also be eligible for relocation assistance.
Eligibility to participate in these benefits may vary for part time and temporary full-time employees and interns with the Company. You can learn more by visiting https://www.benefitsforeveryworld.com/ .In the U.S., the standard base pay range for this role is $18.69 - $34.62 Hourly. This base pay range is for the U.S. and is not applicable to locations outside of the U.S. Actual amounts will vary depending on experience, performance and location. In addition to a competitive base pay, employees in this role may be eligible for incentive compensation. Incentive compensation is not guaranteed.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.