This job might no longer be available.
IT Analyst - Central Playtesting
Los Angeles, CA
3 months ago
As Riot continues to deliver and scale content to a global audience of passionate gamers, Riot’s IT Discipline is packed with challenges and opportunities centered on designing, building, and maintaining global infrastructure that supports the organization’s growth. Delivering a stable foundation is difficult as it can change as quickly as the Meta. However, this isn’t your traditional corporate IT job where you are siloed into a single specialty and expected to churn out the same product in repetition. We are the backbone of delivering towards our consistent dream of being “Player Experience First.” Our Engineers are flexible, adaptable , and voracious in their pursuit of developing new techniques that give us the ability to automate and scale, while growing in their particular area of expertise. They are mentors , innovators, and only satisfied when they are delivering value above expectations.
As an IT Analyst reporting to our IT Frontline Manager, you will provide extraordinary standards of service for Riot’s operations. You will design the IT/AV ecosystem for the Central Playtesting Infrastructure team, and ensure that our technical infrastructure and road map align with and support both near and long-term product needs. You will design solutions to ensure that tech isn't a bottleneck to teams hitting playtesting milestones, and encourage collaboration between the team and the IT discipline. Finally, you will seek opportunities to eliminate inefficiencies and non-value added tasks.
- Manage inventory, maintenance, setup, and troubleshooting for all hardware, computer infrastructure, and AV systems
- Ensure compliance based on all Riot IT standards and security policies
- Develop instructional documentation and provide training to Rioters
- Identify gaps in infrastructure and accomplish projects to improve the quality of service
- 5+ years of IT experience
- Well-versed in using monitoring software to tune Windows environments
- Experience servicing a broad spectrum of development collaboration tools, including Perforce, GitHub, JIRA, Confluence, and Google Apps
- Experience developing and managing Windows Server 2008 and 2012 services, including hands on experience with system installation and configuration, file system concepts, resource monitoring, user administration, package management, and process control
- Understanding of Windows and OSX security standard methodologies and knowledge of virtualization technologies such as VMWare
- Experience with networking principles, applications, and technologies (e.g. TCP / UDP protocols, iSCSI, DNS, DHCP, GPO services)
- Familiarity with SAN and NAS principles and ability to deploy and maintain storage solutions
- Experience with scripting languages such as Python and PowerShell to help automate administrative tasks
- Experience with enterprise level AV equipment and signal flows (e.g. Crestron DM systems, Biamp Tesira systems, Wowza Streaming Engine, Extron)
- A+/ MCSE/ CCNA/ ITIL / CCT/ CTS certifications
- General software knowledge of Crestron ToolBox, Biamp Tesira, OBS, Nvidia graphics, Magwell, Blackmagic Device tools, and Linux (CentOS)
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work.
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave , plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive many applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you Dare to Dream and Execute with Excellence.