This job might no longer be available.
IT/AV Support Specialist
7 days ago
Skillz is the leading mobile games platform connecting players in fair, fun, and meaningful competition.
The gaming industry is larger than movies, music, and books, with more than 2.7 billion gamers playing monthly and 10 million developers worldwide. Mobile is the fastest-growing segment of the gaming market, expected to increase from $68 billion in 2019 to $150 billion in 2025.
Skillz is pioneering the competitive mobile gaming experience, leveraging its patented technology to power over two billion esports tournaments a year. The company is headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading venture capitalists, media companies, and professional sports leagues and franchises.
Through its philanthropic initiatives, Skillz has harnessed the power of its platform to transform the way nonprofits engage with donors, enabling anyone with a mobile device to support causes such as the American Red Cross, Susan G. Komen, American Cancer Society, and NAACP by playing in Skillz tournaments.
Skillz has also earned recognition as one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies, a two-time winner of CNBC’s Disruptor 50, one of Forbes’ Next Billion-Dollar Startups, and the #1 fastest-growing company in America on the Inc. 5000.
Who We’re Looking For:
Skillz is looking for a tenacious, innovative and driven AV/IT Specialist to create a holistic AV program for virtual and in-office work as well as support all AV/IT needs. This role will report to the IT Manager within our operations team but will partner with team members throughout the business to identify needs, architect solutions and resolve issues to match the growth of our rapidly scaling business.
What You Will Do:
- Support our end-users with any IT issues that may arise, delivering world class service within SLA’s
- Follow processes required in daily work for company compliance with federal regulations and infrastructure security
- Assist with onboarding and offboarding
- Architect, implement and maintain AV systems for virtual and physical spaces
- Oversee and improve upon a range of AV programs/processes including but not limited to onboarding, video conferencing, events, etc.
- Perform root cause analysis to prevent recurrence of issues
- Partner with the procurement team on AV initiatives requiring spend, running RFPs, etc. when necessary
- BS / BA
- 5+ years of work experience in IT
- 3+ years of experience with AV systems and video conferencing platform support
- Customer service oriented
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent troubleshooting / critical thinking skills
- Experience with desktop or laptop support
- Experience building and supporting AV systems for conference rooms and large meeting areas
- Experience with Zoom, Macs and PCs (OSX and Windows 10)
- Process oriented, with the ability to develop and execute IT processes
- General understanding of TCP/IP and networking concepts
- Experience with Google Workspace management
- Experience with Slack integrations and tools
Skillz embraces diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to diversifying our workforce, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, gender, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or disability status, and we operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.