IP Operations Manager
4 months ago
Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn , Twitter and on our Blog .
About the Role
We are looking for an inaugural IP Operations Manager to join Twitch's legal team. Partnering with others on the Legal, Trust & Safety and Customer Experience teams, you will help Twitch navigate global safe harbor laws and push forward Twitch's desire to curb unauthorized intellectual property uses with the appropriate policy and operational measures. You will work with several teams to develop efficient relationships and workflows that harden Twitch's ability to meet its obligations, reduce legal risk, and improve over time. Striking a scalable balance between what the law requires, what is operationally practical and what fosters a safe and productive creator community is essential . You will report directly to our Deputy General Counsel.
- Draft and implement a workflow for the review and tracking of legal requests from rights holders
- Manage a team of specialists; coordinate schedules and serve as an escalation point for the team
- Implement programs for iterating on Twitch's approach to handling requests and related inquiries from rights holders and creators
- Examine existing review tools; provide recommendations for improvements, and partner with product and engineering teams to implement changes
- Work with Twitch's Legal team and outside counsel to enhance practices and measures related to intellectual property use cases
- Develop metrics for measuring and predicting resource requirements with the team's processing of legal requests and creator correspondence
- Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent practical experience
- 3+ Years experience working with IP complaints involving User Generated Content (UGC) services and digital creators
- A management role overseeing specialists engaged in processing complaints (whether from users of an online services or external parties)
- Experience related to global intellectual property laws
- Comfort working in a fast paced , dynamic, startup culture
- Flexibility to work outside standard work hours, such as occasional weekends and holidays, to support emergency matters and work with globally based company employees
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- 401(k) , Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages , etc. ),
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.