This job might no longer be available.
Junior IP Counsel
13 days ago
Wargaming is looking for a Junior / IP Counsel. As part of the Legal Department, Intellectual Property Practice, you will be advising Wargaming’s businesses on copyright, trademark, right of publicity and age rating issues.
This position reports to the Head of Intellectual Property Practice. The preference is that this role will be based where we currently have legal teams, in Vilnius, Prague or Nicosia. Being based remotely across other European location, where we have an office, may also be considered.
What will you do?
- Provide counseling to internal clients on numerous intellectual property matters, including copyright, trademark, right of publicity, and age rating issues
- Advise on content production clearance, using the expertise in the intellectual property law
- Contribute to the chain-of-title clearances for the designated Wargaming’s products
- Draft various IP license agreements
- Consult on legal developments in multiple countries
- Educate business teams on IP, right of publicity and age rating issues
- Analyze and contribute to resolution of intellectual property claims
- Counteract against infringements of Wargaming’s intellectual property rights
- Cooperate with the broader Legal and Contract Management teams, as well as with external counsels in multiple jurisdictions, work independently and under supervision of senior attorneys
What are we looking for?
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in Law
- Excellent English, including Legal English
- Strong interest, academic/research background or relevant work experience in intellectual property law
- Experience of working with the laws of different countries (including civil and common law jurisdictions), as well as with conflict of laws
- Some negotiation skills and experience
- Developed drafting skills in English
- A committed team player
- An ability to learn quickly, manage a variety of responsibilities and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
What additional skills will help you stand out?
- Fluency in Russian
- Minimum of 2 years of IP expeirence, gained within a law firm or in-house department
- Familiarity with trademark registration process, fair use, the First Amendment defense, open source licenses and software contracts
- A passion for videogames, following entertainment industry trends, and being ready to discuss various game genres and franchises
- Current or former participant of debates clubs and moot court competitions
- An author of IP related articles and other materials showing academic interest in the subject
Wargaming is an award-winning online game developer and publisher headquartered in Nicosia, Cyprus. Delivering legendary games since 1998, Wargaming has grown to become one of the leaders in the free-to-play MMO gaming industry with 4500+ employees and more than 20 offices globally. Over 200 million players enjoy Wargaming’s titles across all major gaming platforms, including the massively popular World of Tanks and World of Warships.
Working in our company means always having interesting challenges and gaining valuable experience while working with top-class experts.
Take your place among our passionate and experienced team and bring out the best in yourself at Wargaming!