Human Resources Partner
9 days ago
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Ubisoft Toronto Inc.
224 Wallace Avenue. M6H 1V7
Location of position: Toronto, Ontario
Ubisoft’s 19,000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting-edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
Ubisoft Toronto was founded in 2010 and has contributed to many award-winning Ubisoft brands including Assassin’s Creed®, Far Cry®, For Honor™ and Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell®. In 2018, the team at Ubisoft Toronto developed its first new IP, Starlink: Battle for Atlas, a new technology that seamlessly blends physical and digital gameplay. In 2020, Ubisoft Toronto led the development of the newest game in the Watch Dogs franchise – Watch Dogs: Legion. This is the studio's most ambitious and initiative project to date. Ubisoft Toronto received praise for its tech and design work, for creating the first game in which you can play as anyone in an open world, and for its rich and detailed rendition of future London. Now in 2021, Ubisoft Toronto is on the verge of shipping Far Cry 6, the most ambitious Far Cry game to date, featuring the talented Giancarlo Esposito. We’re also kicking off new projects and we can’t wait to share more details once we’re ready.
Are you looking to work with enthusiastic experts who are tackling industry-changing challenges in entertainment and beyond? At Ubisoft, we offer an open environment where teams embrace innovative ideas and share knowledge with a genuine collaborative spirit.
Type of Position: Permanent, full-time.
On being a Human Resources Partner at Ubisoft Toronto
The HR Partner will provide HR expertise and a variety of day-to-day HR support activities to production and support teams within Ubisoft Toronto. Reporting to the HR Manager with a dotted line into the Director of HR, the HR Partner will provide advice and counsel in all areas of HR including on-going employee relations, new manager coaching, employee development, interpretation of HR policies, creating and implementing new programs and initiatives.
The daily life of a Human Resources Partner at Ubisoft Toronto
- Support Producers and Directors in implementing human resource strategies depending on the organizational vision;
- Act as an advisor to Managers on issues relating to policy interpretation and employee relations; providing coaching techniques and developing performance improvement plans;
- Act as a point of contact to respond to the production teams general HR-related inquiries;
- Participate in the development and implementation of programs, activities and Human Resources Systems (performance evaluation, compensation plan, training and development, promotion management, succession planning, organizational development and recognition);
- Working closely with HR Manager and HR team members to develop and implement HR strategic programs that will drive increased employee satisfaction and commitment levels;
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Effectively engage employees and communicate with all levels of the organization providing advice, assistance and follow up on studio policies and programs;
- Effectively resolve employee issues and concerns for support teams;
- Work with managers to create employee development plans and Performance Improvement Plans when necessary for support teams.
Health & Safety
- Act as a certified member of the joint Health & Safety committee;
- Collaborate with HR Manager to implement the yearly performance review process;
- Responsible for setting up and maintaining the online performance review tool; maintaining and updating competencies and answering questions;
- Assist the Director of Human Resources & HR Manager with special projects such as (but not limited to): compensation analysis, headquarters annual salary review report and presentation, studio presentations, town hall meetings and service awards.
What it takes to make it
- Completed either an undergraduate or post-graduate degree in Human Resources Management and be working toward or have obtained a Certified Human Resources Professional designation (CHRP or CHRL);
- Minimum 4 years relevant experience in human resources as a generalist, business partner or other relevant experience;
- Human Resources experience in the entertainment or creative industry is an asset.
Nice to have
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills;
- Excellent organizational and prioritizing skills;
- High level of attention to details;
- Strong presentation and analytical skills;
- Ability to perform tasks with minimal supervision;
- Ability to work with all levels within the organization;
- Proficient in MS Office (able to develop reports in Excel, PowerPoint Presentations);
- Demonstrates creativity and innovation in solutions;
- Be action-oriented and make decisions quickly;
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written;
- Able to work in a fast-paced and changing environment.
What to send our way
- Your CV, highlighting your education, experience, and skills;
· Competitive Salary
· Comprehensive Benefits Package:
o Disability Insurance
o Dental Insurance
o Extended medical insurance
o (Optional) RRSP contribution
o Relocation Assistance
o Bonus (If Applicable)
Why Ubisoft Toronto?
At Ubisoft Toronto, we look for people who are excited to create the future of games in one of the most diverse cities in the world. We believe that embracing our individuality helps us build stronger creative teams and develop better games for all players.
When you’re a member of our team, your professional development is a priority. Ubisoft Toronto conducts annual performance reviews and salary increases to help you further your career and grow with our studio. We also offer a comprehensive health benefits package, generous RRSP matching, industry education support, training, and career development.
We host regular team celebrations, organize events for employees and their families, and offer various health and wellness initiatives including yoga, on-site occupational therapy, flexible work hours, and continuing programs to promote a balanced life. Join us and see for yourself why Ubisoft is rated one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, and one of Canada’s Top Employers for Young People multiple years running!
At Ubisoft Toronto, we believe diversity is our studio’s biggest strength. We’re committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community and is inclusive and respectful of the individuality of our team.
We know that skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that's why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
We encourage applications from Indigenous people, racialized people, neurodivergent people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.
If this sounds like your kind of studio, what are you waiting for?
Ubisoft Toronto is committed to providing accommodations for accessibility upon request .
We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies, please.