Manager, People and Culture
8 days ago
Here at Daybreak, we make games that bring people together: to build them and to play them. Together we have built and introduced some of the most famed and beloved gaming franchises to millions of players worldwide including H1Z1®, DC Universe™ Online, PlanetSide®, and EverQuest®.
Daybreakers are obsessed with the entire creation process and passion for play is what makes us one with our players. From group raiding epics in Norrath to watching our favorite streamers ravage zombies in the post-apocalypse, we are devoted to delivering the ultimate gaming experience to our communities.
Let’s make games better together. Are you up for the challenge? Here’s some specifics on what we’re looking for…
We are looking for a Human Resources Manager to manage the company’s HR plans in ways that support our mission and overall strategy. This position has high accountability and reports directly to the CEO. We want candidates who can prove they are leaders and strategic thinkers, effective people managers and problem-solvers. If you are all these, and you have a solid HR background, we want to talk to you.
- Develop strategic HR plans and policies (recruitment, training, compensation etc.)
- Develop plans for organizational growth structure
- Develop and implement performance/change management plans
- Manage the People and Culture team
- Decide and act on initiatives for equal opportunity, diversity, etc.
- Assume responsibility of labor and employee relations
- Ensure all procedures comply with regulations and best practices
- Analyze the effectiveness of HR operations and policies
- Re-engineer processes to ensure maximum efficiency
- Assess and anticipate human resources-related needs
- Develop and nurture partnerships through human resources to bridge the divide between management and employees
- Provide input on workforce and succession planning as well as plans business unit restructuring
- Provide proactive support, coaching and consultation in the development and implementation of key business and HR objectives and initiatives that affect human capital management and development, improve organizational performance, managerial and organizational capabilities.
- Act as point of contact and coordinate all disciplinary and grievance queries.
- Partner with management to explain and illustrate various HR policies, procedures, and legal regulations.
- Ensure accurate employee records maintenance
- Drive end to end employee life cycle management from onboarding to offboarding.
- Proven experience as HR Manager or similar HR role within games
- Experience with performance/change management
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in HR / OD consulting / counselling, leadership, coaching, facilitation, project management, labor relations, grievance management, and employment law
- Experience in strategic planning and implementation
- Deep knowledge of HR functions (talent management, recruitment etc.)
- Aptitude in communicating and public speaking
- Well-organized with excellent leadership qualities
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite, including intermediate to advanced Excel and PowerPoint functionalities
- BSc/BA in business, HR, social sciences or related field; MSc/MA/MBA is preferable
- Certification (e.g. PHR/SPHR) is a bonus
Think you’re Daybreaker material? Send us your resume and cover letter. Make sure to include your Twitch/YouTube channel (if you have one), social media handles, and/or link to your portfolio. We are looking for people who don’t just upload their basic resume, but rather, are looking to get noticed. So, go ahead, impress us!
Daybreak Game Company LLC is a recognized worldwide leader in massively multiplayer online games. Best known for blockbuster hits and franchises such as H1Z1®, DC Universe™ Online, PlanetSide®, and EverQuest®, Daybreak creates, develops, and provides compelling online entertainment for millions of gamers worldwide. To top it off, we are making games in two of the coolest cities in the United States: San Diego, California, and Austin, Texas.
Daybreak Games is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to Diversity in the Workplace.
About Daybreak San Diego:
Our headquarters is where gaming culture and the So Cal vibe collide; creating a vibrant work environment that epitomizes our belief that every day should be well played. From our four-legged canine friends who can accompany us to work each day to company movie viewings, the perks of working at Daybreak San Diego extend well beyond the beautiful weather in this prime location. Access to the local gym, as well as on-site fitness classes, board game nights, and a strong appreciation for the local craft brew scene ( we even turned one of our original game servers into an on-site kegerator ) are just some of the ways that working at Daybreak San Diego isn’t just about having job; it’s about being part of a community.
**Daybreak Games is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to Diversity in the workplace.**
To learn more, visit www.DaybreakGames.com