Human Resources Manager
15 days ago
Job Title:Human Resources Manager
Human Resources Manager
Is this you? You’re great human resources professional. Your skillset, curiosity, and motivation are a perfect fit for any HR department in nearly every industry. Every company has employee relations issues, benefits, and the usual slew of HR functions, so why come to Blizzard Entertainment? We offer one of the most fast-paced, progressive, and visionary environments for HR professionals to ply their craft.
Our HR staff ranks among the most talented and professional in any industry, but they also place a high value on creative thinking and unique approaches. If you have an adventurous spirit and a desire for knowledge-sharing and growing, we would like to add you to our team! You’ll be participating in and helping shape and improve the day-to-day operations of HR functions.
The ideal candidate is highly responsible, organized, flexible and has the ability to maintain a strict code of confidentiality. You must have a demonstrated aptitude for working well with people, and the desire to jump in and contribute to an agile, fun, and fast-paced environment.
The role requires significant 'customer first' orientation, influence at a leadership level to effectively support behavioral change, keen attention to detail, ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and ability to work in a fast-paced environment. In addition, the role requires high levels of accountability, adaptability, and collaboration.
We are looking for an experienced and innovative Human Resources Manager to join our HR team in Irvine, CA or Austin, TX. Operating in a highly dynamic and creative environment, this role will be the HR Business Partner for our Development Services teams of roughly 500 U.S. employees. This role will also assist in HR projects and initiatives across the studio.
Covid-19 Hiring Update:
We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
What You’ll Do
- Build a strong consultative relationship with assigned client groups. Act as key HR point of contact, trusted advisor, and sounding board for managers, and employees to interpret and administer various human resources policies, procedures, laws, and state and federal regulations
- Work with leaders to understand their organization and people needs, building effective HR strategies to support those needs and execute on plans with actions aligning to the team’s goals and HR objectives
- Provide analysis and recommendations for organizational change, help set direction and provide appropriate resources
- Provide day to day guidance to managers and employees (coaching, career development, disciplinary actions, policy interpretation)
- Partner with Employee Relations team to respond to and facilitate employee relations issues as they arise to resolve conflicts, enhance team effectiveness, and ensure support of organization changes and business plans
- Implement change management strategies focusing on communication and assessing the impact to the organization
- Proactively identify future team needs and develop long-term plans to support business objectives
- Build strong relationship and effectively partner with the HR Centers of Excellence (Compensation, Recruiting, Benefits, HR Operations, HRIS, Employee Relations) to help implement all HR initiatives and strategies
- Collaborate with other human resources team members on projects as needed
- Manage other special projects on an as-needed basis
- 5+ years of experience in progressively responsible HR roles, preferably in a corporate environment
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Demonstrated success operating as a strategic HR business partner
- Proven record leading and delivering high quality HR services across all disciplines to all levels of employees
- Experience working with and influencing senior leadership
- Experience working with a contingent workforce population
- This position requires an experienced, data-driven, analytical, collaborative and influential HR professional who can work effectively within support teams
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and time management skills
- Strong team player who builds collaborative relationships with HR specialist teams, talent acquisition, compensation, HR systems and business partners
- Self-starter, highly motivated and achievement oriented
- High degree of business acumen; results-oriented with an ability to work independently
- Proven success utilizing employee attraction, engagement, and retention strategies
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal) with the ability to craft complex communications to a variety of audiences and levels
- Ability to translate business objectives/priorities into a corresponding people plan
- Ability to conceptualize, plan, and implement new projects and programs
- Able to maintain a strict code of confidentiality and discretion
- Human resources experience in an entertainment, gaming, or technology company
- Experience with Workday HRIS, demonstrated competency in Excel and PowerPoint
- Demonstrated competency in Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with large-scale organizations change efforts, as well as knowledge of change management principles and methodologies
- Experience with large-scale team integration and reorganizations
- Working knowledge of California employment law
- PHR / SPHR certification
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to our employees. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to champion an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences...ever. Join us!