Human Resources Intern
9 days ago
Who We Are
At Level Ex, we advance the practice of medicine through play - using the technology and design from the consumer games industry to accelerate the adoption of new skills and techniques in healthcare. Level Ex is the first Medical Games Studio - we make video games for doctors. We are in the business of genre creation - what we are doing has never been achieved before and we are applying that same mindset to our employee experience, people strategy, and culture. We strive to be a people-first company where our diverse, innovative, and talented employees are pivotal to our growth. As we transition from a start-up company to a high-growth company, we are excited to expand our HR capabilities by creating a HR Intern position.
Who You Are
We need a motivated HR Intern who is an excellent communicator with strong analytical and organizational skills. You are a self-starter and enjoy taking ownership of programs and experimenting with new ideas. A quick learner with energy, drive, and enthusiasm who collaborates well with others. You are a reliable team player with high attention to detail and ability to handle sensitive information confidentially. Ultimately, you will gain HR experience at a fast-paced and growing company by supporting and improving employee experiences across the employee lifecycle. We are looking for someone who is willing to live our values with us by being brave, curious, and enjoy solving problems.
What You'll Do
The HR Intern will focus in the areas of talent development, performance management, talent acquisition, employer brand for candidate attraction, HR systems management, dashboards, and reporting and more. This person will play an active role as part of the People Team. You will be entrusted and accountable for the following:
- Create and maintain a database of people metrics from HR systems including payroll outputs, management, and employee surveys, exit interviews, employment records, market research, and other sources.
- Generate HR reports such as attendance, new hire, and turnover reports.
- Analyze database for trends focused on recruitment, hiring practices, motivation, turnover, talent management and compliance with employment laws and regulations.
- Prepare presentations on findings to human resources team and senior leadership.
- Recommend policies and activities to improve culture, employee engagement and performance.
- Prepare and manage internal communications- improving how we transparently, frequently, and authentically listen and inform our people about our strategy and progress towards achieving our mission.
- Contribute to competency-based talent development initiatives to engage, motivate, and improve our people’s performance, to unlock their potential, and help them grow in their careers.
- Support execution of activities related to recruiting and onboarding, performance management, employee engagement, career planning, compensation planning, recognition, and rewards.
- Assist with maintenance and data analyses of compensation elements, including job codes, salary ranges, and job market analysis.
- Document processes, policies, and procedures to establish a repository of institutional knowledge to be leveraged across the organization.
- Ensure compliance with data privacy regulations and best practices.
- Act as an ambassador of our brand, culture, and mission- championing what makes us great and leading us through change to make us even better.
- Act as the advocate for and support our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion strategies
- Support the greater team for rollout of new and ongoing people programs.
- Research and special projects as assigned.
- Perform any other related duties as may be assigned by the HR Business Partner, Head of People and Culture, or other designee.
Competencies, Skills, and Mindsets You Possess:
Learning Agility & “Can-do” Mindset
- Positive and courageous to take risks, learn from successes and failures, overcome obstacles and achieve the vision.
- Growth-oriented, who can focus on the end goal, learn new skills, and adopt new habits to change and grow for the better.
Analytical & Problem Solving:
- Strong analytical skills – collect, analyze, interpret information with attention to detail.
- Problem solving- quickly resolves questions, issues, and discrepancies.
- Seeks to improve processes and deliver results.
- Can handle confidential data with poise and confidentiality.
Clear & Effective Communication:
- Relatable and able to maintain rapport and empathy people at all levels of the organization.
Proactive Planning & Execution
- Proactively supports, manages, and executes to achieve positive results.
- A collaborator, who is organized and actively creates ways to shape the future.
- Strong initiative, always striving to raise the bar and inspires the same from those around them.
Experience You Have
- Demonstrable analytical and problem-solving skills, preferably from a fast-paced work environment
- Genuine interest of HR policies, programs, laws, issues, and cultural norms.
- Hands on experience with HRIS, Microsoft Office Suite; payroll software; CRM; database management; and general office equipment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Working towards a Bachelor’s degree in HR, Business Administration, Industrial Psychology, or related field or equivalent
Level Ex is the collective sum of all our individual experiences, backgrounds, and influences and we pride ourselves in growing and learning together. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse environment where everyone’s individuality is respected, and everyone has an Identity.