Human Resources Generalist
10 days ago
We are Mythical Games. A Venture-backed next-generation game technology company at the intersection of video games and economics led by industry veterans. Our goal is to lead the industry with the launch of exceptional video game experiences that leverage distributed ledger technology, while also providing a platform of robust tools that will allow any other game developers to do the same.
We are actively seeking a dynamic Human Resources Generalist (HRG) to run the daily functions of the Human Resources (HR) department including the interviewing and onboarding of new team members, administering pay, benefits, and leave, and enforcing company policies and practices.
- Collaborates with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for job openings.
- Conducts or acquires background checks and employee eligibility verifications.
- Attends and contributes to new hire orientations
- Performs routine tasks required to administer and execute human resource programs including but not limited to compensation, benefits, and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; recognition, and morale; occupational health and safety; and training and development.
- Handles employment-related inquiries from employees and supervisors, referring complex and/or sensitive matters to the appropriate staff.
- Attends and participates in employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
- Compiles or assists with the acquisition of complex data reports, summaries, and logs for senior executives and HR staff.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Thorough knowledge of federal employment-related laws and regulations.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, Google Docs, Slack or related software.
- Proficiency with and/or the ability to quickly learn the organization’s HRIS and talent management systems.
- Experience working with PEOs a plus
Education and Experience:
- At least one year of human resource management experience preferred.
- SHRM-CP or PHR a plus. BS/BA degree from an accredited college/university
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times.
- Must be able to access and navigate each department at the organization’s facilities.
Our team values diversity and believe that it strengthens our games, products, and communities. We strongly encourage POC, folks with disabilities, those belonging to the LGBTQIA+ communities, and folks across all gender identities to apply.
We offer our team benefits such as (but not limited to) high-quality Vision, Dental, and Health Care, generous Parental Leave, and Unlimited PTO to ensure that they actually take time off without the stress of needing to accrue time.
If you need assistance around accommodations due to a disability, please reach out to email@example.com. We’ll be with you as soon as possible; our goal is to ensure an accessible and equitable interview process for everyone.