Human Resources Generalist
Vancouver, BC, Canada
2 days ago
Blackbird Interactive is looking for a highly motivated HR Generalist to join our team. You will be connecting with employees, planning and delivering people programs, utilizing HR technology to help us be more efficient, and working with the HR team, managers, and employees to foster a fun, inclusive, collaborative, and effective workplace. This role is ideal for someone who is searching for an exciting role in video games, loves connecting with people, has fantastic communication skills, a positive mental attitude and the ability to juggle multiple priorities with ease.
- Develop strong relationships with employees and provide initial “front line” support on a variety of HR matters.
- Perform customer service functions by answering employee requests and questions. Provide recommendations to the HR Business Partners and the HR Manager on dealing with HR requests where appropriate.
- Process, verify and maintain documentation relating to HR activities such as staffing, training and performance evaluations.
- Manage and deliver new hire onboarding activities – evaluate and adapt onboarding documentation as we grow.
- Manage HR documentation such as status changes, performance correspondence and other communication as necessary. Ensure employee data is up to date at all times via our HRIS system and manual filing system.
- Deliver communication on key HR programs, policies and procedures.
- Maintain and update all policies and procedures via Confluence.
- Work on HR special projects and perform other job-related duties.
- Training employees on company policy and procedures.
- Have a detailed understanding of laws and regulations involved in hiring and terminations and use this knowledge to ensure the business is well protected and ran efficiently.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or a related field
- Chartered Human Resources Professional designation (CPHR) is an asset
- 4 years of relevant HR experience
- High standards of integrity, energy level, and self-motivation
- Strong understanding of the regulations and policies of provincial labour standards
- Effective communication (both verbal and written) skills with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Positive attitude with strong relationship building skills
- Strong computer skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and HRIS systems
- A high degree of flexibility to adapt to and effectively manage multiple priorities
- Loves to learn!
- Strong project management skills and initiative - you have the ability to convert your ideas into reality
- Experience with creating customizations in an HRIS system
At Blackbird, we're all about being true to our roots. We started small in our CEO's garage, and even though we're expanding, our desire is to stick to that foundation of creativity, community, and collaboration. Our team has proved that great ideas can come from any position in any discipline, so it's important to us to make sure every voice is heard.
Work/life balance is extremely important to us, and we've demonstrated that over the years by severely limiting over-time requirements. We want people to be happy about coming to work every day, and to that end we offer lots of opportunities for growth and development; whether it's lunch and learns, team events, or our generous vacation days, paid holiday closure and flexible schedules. We also try to provide every opportunity possible for our employees to spearhead R&D initiatives through our BlackOps program. In short, don't expect to feel like a cog in a machine working for BBI.
Due to COVID-19, applicants must be eligible to work in Canada, or currently in Canada on a work permit/visa. With the exception of specifically on-site roles, all roles will commence as a work-from-home arrangement. This arrangement will be revisited as COVID-19 government regulations are eased.
Please send a cover letter with your resume and application. If applying for an artistic role, please provide a link to your portfolio and/or demo reel.
Blackbird Interactive is committed to diversity and building and sustaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. BBI does not discriminate against applicants based on genders, races, national and ethnic origins, religions, ages, sexual orientation, marital and family status, and/or mental or physical disabilities.