HR Business Partner
Los Angeles, California, United States
4 days ago
As HR Business Partners, we are not a compliance function and we don’t make decisions from an ivory tower. Instead, we focus on our needs, carefully listening to the problem spaces and working with Rioters to get to an optimal outcome. We view ourselves as trusted consultants and advisers with a specific expertise in all things “HR”. Working in HR at Riot enables you to redefine what positive human resource practices are. We re-imagine events, onboarding, perks, and communications so they resonate with our workforce.
As an HR Business Partner reporting to the Manager, HR Business Partner, you bring broad skills to the teams and programs you’re embedded on. You are the go-to resource for all things related to talent, ranging from performance management to total rewards. You are a culture promoter and a deployer of tools and programs that turn Rioter potential into performance and results. You’re undaunted by titles and can partner with anyone at any level to help with decisions and you know how to achieve results that make an impact. You listen to others and are sensitive to any communication style, and that makes it easy for anyone to talk to you; others trust you and feel comfortable coming to you with all the info, so any rising problems can be tackled proactively.
- Be a first contact for initial leave of absence and accommodation related questions and partner with the HR Operations team to provide guidance to Rioters and managers
- Run point on all discipline, product, and international transfers by aligning partners and connecting necessary work streams (immigration, relocation, comp, legal, benefit, and payroll considerations) to expedite the process
- Conduct exit interviews and periodic exit analyses, providing themes to leadership
- Be a contact for employee relations and assist with documentation
- Maintain an intimate understanding of product and discipline needs to build productive working relationships with your partners and Rioters at all levels.
- Work alongside HR Business Partners embedded on product teams to help promote action through a consultative approach in areas such as organizational design, promotions, succession planning, talent assessment, and change management
- Provide periodic audits of information systems records and work with disciplines and products to ensure data accuracy
- 4+ years of experience in an HR generalist/business partner or specialist role with progression
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources Management, Business, Organizational Design or relevant field; or equivalent work experience
- Excellent interpersonal, relationship building, consulting, collaboration and leadership experience
- Experience working with or supporting diverse communities
- Experience supporting a creative and technical business group in entertainment, publishing, or a gaming company
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work.
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).