Human Resources Business Partner
12 days ago
Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) - PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION IN ENGLISH
WE ARE GAMEMAKERS
Who We Are:
We are dedicated to crafting highly engaging entertainment with a commitment to putting fans first. We aim to be a team of diverse game makers driven by a passion for our art and inspired by a culture of inclusivity to build games that thrill players everywhere. We cherish our studio independence and autonomy, and value the collaborative support of 2K, one of the world’s leading interactive entertainment companies.
We are the newest studio in the Take-Two Interactive family, founded in 2019 and located in the San Francisco Bay Area. Our first effort is to build a multiplayer and multiplatform AAA action game which will thrill a diverse community of gamers and have fun while doing it. We prize our creative autonomy as an independent studio, with both the financial and logistical support of 2K Games publishing.
What We Need:
31 st Union is looking for an HR Business Partner to join our People team. Our ideal candidate is someone with extensive HR experience who will contribute at both a strategic and hands-on level to develop and deliver talent strategies that support business objectives.
In this role, you will support all People initiatives and activities for our Valencia, Spain team. You will develop and maintain effective business partnerships and serve as a consultant in all people-related areas. This role will report to the Human Resources Manager in the U.S. and partner with onsite leadership. We prefer the position to be onsite with the team Valencia, Spain.
Who You Are:
- A Trusted Partner: You will build strong relationships with employees at all levels and work to identify and develop key HR initiatives and processes with key stakeholders.
- Team Player: You have a true hands-on approach and are willing to jump in and help out where needed, while collaborating with the broader People team and HR partners globally
- An Analytical Thinker: Your step-by-step approach to thinking allows you to understand HR policies and implications. You have the ability to solve problems quickly and effectively, demonstrating a passion for providing and implementing innovative solutions to complex problems.
What you’ll do:
- Partner with HR leadership to develop, plan, and/or manage employee-relations activities and programs including but not limited to employee/manager counseling, performance, development and career planning, new employee onboarding, and employee recognition programs, policy interpretation and compliance procedures,
- Participate in all company-wide HR programs and systems initiatives as the representative of 31 st Union Valencia; gather & escalate feedback and requirements, and support the 31 st Union Valencia needs and perspectives
- Communicate employee concerns/requests, anticipate issues, and recommend resolutions
- Leverage proficiency in communication, influencing, coaching, consulting and change management to drive excellence in People service delivery
- Work to promote an innovative and creative culture where employees can achieve high levels of job satisfaction and productivity
- Respond to all inquiries regarding company policies, procedures, and programs.
- Facilitate effective and positive resolution of employee issues, displaying a genuine interest and respect for people and their concerns
- Manage employee departures, including preparation of employee separation notices and related documentation; conduct exit interviews to determine reasons behind separations; provide periodic reports to Studio leadership
- Lead and manage employee transfer/relocation activities
- Work closely with legal department to coordinate work permits and visas for any foreign employees/candidates
- In conjunction with corporate HR Payroll, ensure administration of payroll and time-and-attendance; process payroll and benefits’ paperwork
- Collaborate with corporate HR Benefits team to administer benefits programs (e.g., health, life, disability, employee assistance, etc.)
- Investigate workers’ compensation accidents and prepares reports for insurance carriers
- Prepare internal employee communications on benefits, payroll, or company policies to ensure effective, accurate, and timely dissemination of information
- Ensures compliance with country, city, and local employment laws and company guidelines
- Performs other duties as assigned
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Human Resources or related field and 5+ years’ experience in a human resources generalist function or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Proven ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from employees, candidates, and groups of managers
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
- Creative, flexible, and innovative team player
- Excellent written, verbal communication, and strong interpersonal skills
- Thorough understanding of Spain’s (and Valencia’s) human resources principles and practices, including but not limited to wage and hour, employment law, safety, and all types of leaves of absence
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Management experience a plus
- Game industry experience a plus
- Consistent with a desk job in a normal office environment.
SECURITY NOTICE - We have recently been made aware of increasing occurrences of bad actors posing as company HR personnel to gain information from "potential candidates", in the form of job interviews and offers. These scams can be quite sophisticated and appear legitimate.
Please know that 31st Union and 2K never uses instant messaging apps to contact prospective employees or to conduct interviews.
If you believe you have been a victim of such a scam, you may fill out a complaint form at https://complaint.ic3.gov/ and https://reportfraud.ftc.gov/ detailing as much as possible. We are taking these matters very seriously and apologize for any inconvenience.
Join our mission: Bring fun, inspiration and awe to our lives and to our community:
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.