Human Resource Business Partner
9 days ago
Age of Learning is a leading education technology innovator based in Glendale, California, with a talented team of more than 600 individuals comprised of nationally-renowned educators, curriculum experts, developers, artists, writers, designers, engineers, producers, product managers, analysts and marketing experts! Together we develop engaging, effective digital learning technology and content to help children build a strong academic foundation for lifelong success.
Our flagship product ABCmouse.com
Early Learning Academy ® is a comprehensive online curriculum and the #1 digital learning product for young children. To-date, more than 30 million children worldwide have completed over 8 billion Learning Activities on ABCmouse. We recently launched Adventure Academy, the first massively multiplayer online (MMO) game designed specifically to help elementary- and middle-school-aged children learn. It features thousands of engaging Learning Activities—including minigames, books, original animated and live action series, and more—in a fun and safe virtual world. Other Age of Learning programs include immersive English language learning products for children in China and Japan; ReadingIQ, a digital library and literacy platform; and a groundbreaking personalized, adaptive digital learning system that individualizes math instruction for every child through AI-driven technology.
We are committed to helping all children succeed. We provide our educational programs at no cost to teachers, Head Start programs, public libraries, and other community organizations, and have served millions of children through these initiatives. We recently established the Age of Learning Foundation to expand this work globally.
As we expand our global reach and increase the educational impact of our programs, we’re looking for passionate, ambitious, and collaborative leaders to become a part of our growing team.
The successful candidate will be part of our Human Resources team and will support multiple departments. As part of the HRBP function at Age of Learning, you will be expected to understand the business and be a thought leader on people and organizational topics. The ideal candidate will contribute at both hands-on and strategic levels to cultivate an amazing and innovative culture as we continue to scale.
- Provide expertise in development, execution, planning, and facilitation of employee relations efforts
- Partner with senior business unit leaders to build a robust, strategically aligned talent strategy
- Identify and provide solutions for all talent management programs for assigned business units including, but not limited to, Talent Acquisition and Retention, Performance Management, Learning and Development, Compensation, Career Development, and Succession Planning
- Facilitate the design and delivery of talent-related solutions, including strategic planning, visioning, change management, and advises the business units on alternatives and mitigation
- Identify and leverage relevant data by analyzing trends and metrics in partnership with the HR operations team to develop scalable solutions, programs, and policies
- Apply a thorough understanding of functional work and relevant business operations in order to balance HR and business priorities while executing key HR strategies and initiatives
- Communicate, assess and manage risk in a way that is supportive to individual and business needs
- Drive performance management throughout the year by coaching managers on appropriate goal setting, coaching, and feedback leading to the annual review process
- At least 3+ years experience as an HR Business Partner (or equivalent) preferably, in a rapidly growing technology environment
- Must be a self-directed and motivated individual who can take initiative to identify and anticipate client needs and make recommendations for implementation
- Ability to manage multiple business units/teams as well as multiple, conflicting priorities
- Ability to develop strong trusting relationships in order to gain support and achieve results
- Ability to operate in an ambiguous environment while adapting to and being a champion for positive change
- Ability to provide guidance and input to business leaders on organization structure, workforce planning, change management, and compensation calibration
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and listening skills
- At least 3+ years experience in either HR Operations or Learning Development
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in HR, Business, Industrial Relations, Organizational Development, or related field
- HR certification
Age of Learning currently provides:
• 90% - 100% of health and welfare benefit premiums
• A 401(k) program with employer match
• 15 paid vacation days plus 11 observed national paid holidays
• Team bonding events and a highly collaborative environment
• Commitment to Equal Opportunity Employment in addition to an inclusive and supportive company culture
• Access to our internal DEI Task Force that focuses on ensuring our products represent all children on a global scale
• Opportunities for professional growth through professional learning and development programs
• A temporary 100% remote work environment, due to COVID restrictions, to help ensure the safety of our employees
• Monthly internet stipend provided due to temporary remote work environment