9 days ago
WHO WE ARE
NCSOFT is a premiere digital entertainment company and global publisher with worldwide locations and more than 4,000 employees focused on bringing extraordinary games to life for millions of fans around the world. Established in 1997 and headquartered in Seoul, South Korea, we quickly became a key leader in online games. Best known for critically acclaimed franchises including Lineage, Aion, Guild Wars, and Blade & Soul, NCSOFT is also one of the world’s top mobile developers with Lineage 2M occupying the #1 grossing revenue slot on Google Play. Our core goal is making people in this world happier by delivering games that entertain a globally connected audience has remained the same. Our culture is innovative, creative, collaborative, and impactful, and we are passionate about creating the best gaming experiences for our players.
The Helpdesk Technician is the first point of contact for technical inquiries. They maintain in-house computer systems, desktops, and peripherals for both onsite and remote workers. This includes installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining, and upgrading all hardware and equipment while ensuring workstation performance and troubleshooting problem areas in an accurate fashion and providing end-user assistance where required.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Provide system, hardware, and software support to all onsite and remote employees
- Onboarding and offboard users, including all accounts, hardware, and software
- Maintain and support in-house computer systems, desktops, printers, and peripherals, including installing and repairing all hardware and equipment while ensuring workstation performance
- Monitor ticket queue, and evaluate and respond to service requests with a resolution
- Escalate complex tickets to the appropriate party
- Perform analysis and diagnosis of routine PC problems for end-users and implement solutions
- Remotely deploy software and updates to all users, including managing and updating license servers
- Remotely manage software and hardware assets used by third party developers
- Troubleshoot problem areas accurately and provide end-user training where required
- Create and maintain documentation for users and the Technical Operations department
- Monitor inventory of all hardware, including purchasing and restocking as necessary
- Initiate IT purchase requests
- Assist Technical Operations department with studio wide upgrades, technical solutions, and outages
- Provide technical support for livestreaming and gaming conventions
- Communicate outages, security alerts, and other pertinent information to employees
- Research difficult and unfamiliar hardware and software issues to find and deploy a resolution
- Collaborate with vendors to resolve hardware or software failures
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- 2+ years of professional Technical Support experience
- Experience in Help Desk functionality and IT maintenance procedures
- Basic computer (hardware and software) repair and troubleshooting skills
- Intermediate knowledge of Office 365
- Proficient in Windows OS and MacOS, including functionality, troubleshooting, updating, etc.
- Strong customer service skills, including active listening, de-escalation, and conflict resolution
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with a focus on explaining complex concepts to end users
NICE TO HAVE
- CompTIA A+ certification preferred
This is a full time, on-site position at our office in Newport Beach, CA.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.