Help Desk Technician III (Hybrid)
13 days ago
Age of Learning is a leading education technology innovator based in Glendale, California, with a talented team of more than 600 individuals comprised of nationally-renowned educators, curriculum experts, developers, artists, writers, designers, engineers, producers, product managers, analysts and marketing experts! Together we develop engaging, effective digital learning technology and content to help children build a strong academic foundation for lifelong success.
Our flagship product ABCmouse.com
Early Learning Academy ® is a comprehensive online curriculum and the #1 digital learning product for young children. To-date, more than 30 million children worldwide have completed over 8 billion Learning Activities on ABCmouse. We recently launched Adventure Academy, the first massively multiplayer online (MMO) game designed specifically to help elementary- and middle-school-aged children learn. It features thousands of engaging Learning Activities—including minigames, books, original animated and live action series, and more—in a fun and safe virtual world. Other Age of Learning programs include immersive English language learning products for children in China and Japan; ReadingIQ, a digital library and literacy platform; and a groundbreaking personalized, adaptive digital learning system that individualizes math instruction for every child through AI-driven technology.
We are committed to helping all children succeed. We provide our educational programs at no cost to teachers, Head Start programs, public libraries, and other community organizations, and have served millions of children through these initiatives. We recently established the Age of Learning Foundation to expand this work globally.
As we expand our global reach and increase the educational impact of our programs, we’re looking for passionate, ambitious, and collaborative leaders to become a part of our growing team.
The level III Technician is a strategic technical position within our organization. This is a hybrid position with the requirement of weekly on-site visits to our Glendale corporate office.
We strive to keep our infrastructure on the cutting-edge leveraging Okta, AWS, JAMF, Endpoint Manager, M365, GCP and CrowdStrike technologies. A demonstrated ability to learn quickly and a self-motivated mindset to further grow technical capabilities is imperative to the role.
- Managing and supporting the Company’s corporate software and hardware systems running in our private cloud, public cloud, and Software as a Service environments.
- Troubleshoot and repair both remote and onsite technical issues which includes our workstations, servers, and LAN/WAN network components
- Assist with Microsoft Exchange, Active Directory, scripting, anti-virus environment management, software license management
- Manage both PC and Mac MDM environments proactively and implement changes to resolve issues
- Analyze complex technical issues and define root causes to implement solutions with minimal supervision
- Help provide mentoring and training to team members and serve as an escalation point
- Develop and maintain technical documents as needed
- Perform other related duties and special projects as assigned
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in a technical role within a corporate environment
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Proficient understanding of physical and logical network topology and concepts. (VLANS, broadcast domains, subnets)
- Strong troubleshooting skills leveraging the OSI model
- Administer and troubleshoot exchange mail flow, junk mail, spam problems
- Strong proficiency with PC/Mac operating systems (Windows 10, Mac OSX 11.0+)
- Proven customer service experience with strong written and oral communications skills
- Experience managing Apple devices via JAMF Pro MDM
- Experience managing PC devices via Microsoft Endpoint Manager
- Basic scripting in Bash or PowerShell
- Advanced knowledge of Exchange, Sharepoint and other server applications
- Certified in one or more of the following: Network +, Linux +, Security+, Apple ACSP, JAMF CCT, JAMF CCA, JAMF CCE, JAMF CJA, Microsoft MTA Server Administration Fundamentals, Cisco CCENT, Palo Alto ACE
Age of Learning currently provides:
• 80% - 90% of health and welfare benefit premiums
• A 401(k) program with employer match
• 15 paid vacation days, 11 observed national paid holidays plus 9 sick days
• Our flexible work culture means 2 or more days in the office (hybrid) or 100% fully remote options available for most positions
• Team bonding events and a highly collaborative environment
• Access to our internal DEI Task Force that focuses on ensuring our products represent all children on a global scale
• Opportunities for professional growth through professional learning and development programs
• Commitment to Equal Opportunity Employment in addition to an inclusive and supportive company culture
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.