The Health and Safety coordinator has a dynamic and meaningful responsibility to help keep our employees safe through various health, safety, and wellbeing initiatives. In this role, you will support the health and safety programs across all global offices and assist in developing creative safety initiatives that will serve as important resources for employees. You will work collaboratively with internal and external teams to continuously improve a safe working environment and provide assistance during emergencies. Strategic time management and excellent prioritization and follow-up skills are key to success in this fast paced and active position.
- Assist in identifying and addressing health and safety challenges by working collaboratively with partner teams and developing cross functional solutions for key partners
- Participate in investigation and root cause analysis of safety incidents involving workplace injuries and illness and implement preventative measures to avoid recurrence
- Maintain a global record and document management system for all manuals, policies, plans, trainings, incident tracking, database, and spreadsheets
- Support in ensuring compliance related matters and record-keeping requirements, including inspection and training logs, are up to date and maintained per country, federal, state, and local occupational regulatory agencies
- Schedule ergonomic evaluations, coordinate follow-up appointments, and procure equipment based on recommendations to mitigate potential and current ergonomic risks
- Conduct regular review and audits of workplace inspection and assessments across all studios to maintain familiarity with the facilities, employees, job responsibilities for potential hazards
- Identify and evaluate safety risks and align resources of health and safety programs to help drive sustainable effectiveness
- Work cross-functionally to integrate safety into day to day work activities and promote a safety culture where everyone takes responsibility for themselves as well as others
- Support line management with annual health and safety audits to verify ongoing compliance with country and regional regulatory requirements and internal standards
- Assist with ongoing management and expansion of the global health and safety programs
- Develop innovative safety initiatives that drive engagement and speak to our diverse employee population
- Coordinate training in CPR, AED, First Aid, and incident response for the employee- and volunteer-led Zynga Emergency Response Team (ZERT)
- Serve as a key point of contact and auditor for global equipment including AED, first aid kits, disaster cabinets to ensure local inspections are done in a timely manner
- 1 to 3 years of experience of health and safety in an office environment
- First Aid, CPR, and AED certifications
- Technical certification in office ergonomics
- Working knowledge and understanding of basic health and safety principles and regulations
- Policy and system implementation including compliance programs
- Strong communication skills with proven leadership, judgement, and interpersonal skills
- Collaborates and partners with cross-functional teams from broad backgrounds and levels of management
- Ability to successfully and comfortably respond to and address inquires and issues from employees
- Shown experience in program coordination, safety methods, standards, and practices
- Ability to identifies problems, collect data, establish fact, and draw valid conclusions
What we offer you:
- Competitive salary, bonus plan, Zynga RSU’s, RRSP Match
- Extended Health coverage as well as life Insurance
- Goodlife fitness annual membership
- Commuter benefits , daily lunches, snacks & drinks
- Vacation: Open vacation policy
- 26 weeks fully paid pregnancy leave for delivering mothers
- 12 weeks fully paid parental leave for fathers/partners and adoptive parents
- Zynga happy hours and frequent employee events
- Casual dress every single day
- Culture of diversity and inclusion
- Work with cool people and impact millions of daily players!
Zynga is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud of our broad community; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome job-seekers, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds. Join us!
We will consider all qualified job-seekers with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
Zynga is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. If you need an accommodation during the interview process, please let us know.