Head of Wellbeing and Performance
13 days ago
We are looking for a Head of Wellbeing and Performance at Space Ape. This role has a huge opportunity to impact the culture and working practice of a dynamic and growing games studio.
You will use your background in psychology to apply theory and practice to organisational issues ranging from company culture to individual growth with a focus on autonomy and preventative measures.
It’s an incredibly exciting time here at Space Ape Games. We have projects at all stages of the development cycle, along with a fast paced environment that promotes genuine autonomy. We launched our exciting new music game, Beatstar and we are also working on a new multiplayer game set in the Boom Beach universe. Check out our artstation to get a glimpse of the other genres we’ve been working on.
- Responsible for the performance and wellbeing of individuals, teams and groups at Space Ape with the aim of improving job satisfaction.
- Coaching the team leads of our most impactful games to help them build and run teams with the optimum balance of performance and wellbeing.
- Helping teams by using workshops, coaching and other interventions to run smoothly and preemptively find solutions to frictions in the team and their ways of working.
- Supporting leaders in their roles as people-managers by providing leadership training, supporting them in giving feedback, and offering hands-on support where it relates to wellbeing and development.
- Creating a culture where improving and maintaining wellbeing and good mental health is a natural and obvious part of the organisation that drives success in everyone’s personal and professional lives.
- Facilitate occasional sessions for the whole studio on topics you identify that would be useful to know more about, such as recovering from burnout, sleep and giving feedback.
- Ideally you will have a background in psychology, particularly organisational or occupational psychology.
- You’ll have practical experience of working within a business or performance-centric environment, either as an external or in-house coach or therapist.
- You will have a passion for the problems found in high pressure environments and in finding ways to solve them.
- You will be a self-starter, happy to find your own way and build the bigger picture for what wellbeing and performance can be at Space Ape
- You’ll be someone who is solution-oriented, taking a practical approach to difficult situations.
Why Space Ape is right for you
- Be a part of one of several small empowered teams who inspire and challenge one another in the pursuit of our mission
- Autonomy to make your own impact with the support to help it happen
- Designated ‘Ape Space’ creative time where you are free to work on game concepts and ideas away from your day to day
- The freedom to further your skill set the way you want with a generous training budget
- An award winning studio that has been crowned one of the best places to work, for the last 5 years in a row!
- Help run and create games which bring joy to millions of players all over the world
- 5* Glassdoor rating - Check out our reviews
- Entered a long-term strategic partnership with Supercell in 2017
- Competitive salary & stock options
About Space Ape
At Space Ape we pride ourselves on our passion and the trust we place in our people. We look for passionate, productive, team players who are relentless in their pursuit of our mission. There’s no bureaucracy here, we just get things done. Space Ape’s mission is to make the highest quality and most successful mobile games in the world. Founded in 2012 we’ve since launched five games that have been installed by over 100 million people and generated over $250m revenue.
We are part of the Supercell family, giving access to some of the most talented game makers on the planet.
It’s an incredibly exciting time here at Space Ape Games. We have projects at all stages of the development cycle, along with a fast paced environment that promotes genuine autonomy. We recently global launched our exciting new music game, Beatstar! We are also working on a new multiplayer game set in the Boom Beach universe.
Our studio is currently 120 strong and built around the belief that small empowered teams make the best games. This philosophy enables us to innovate, move faster and have the creative ownership required to make the greatest games on mobile.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.