Head of User Retention
10 days ago
Skillz is the leading mobile games platform connecting players in fair, fun, and meaningful competition.
The gaming industry is larger than movies, music, and books, with more than 2.7 billion gamers playing monthly and 10 million developers worldwide. Mobile is the fastest-growing segment of the gaming market, expected to increase from $77 billion in 2020 to $150 billion in 2025.
As the first publicly-traded (NYSE: SLZ) mobile esports platform, Skillz has pioneered the future of the gaming industry. The Skillz platform helps developers build multi-million dollar franchises by enabling social competition in their games. Leveraging its patented technology, Skillz hosts billions of casual esports tournaments for millions of mobile players worldwide, and distributes millions in prizes each month.
Through its philanthropic initiatives, Skillz has harnessed the power of its platform to transform the way nonprofits engage with donors, enabling anyone with a mobile device to support causes such as the American Red Cross , Susan G. Komen , American Cancer Society , and NAACP by playing in Skillz tournaments.
Skillz has also earned recognition as one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies , a two-time winner of CNBC’s Disruptor 50 , one of Forbes’ Next Billion-Dollar Startups , and the #1 fastest-growing company in America on the Inc. 5000.
What You Will Do :
- Drive the vision and strategy for our lifecycle and retention efforts to engage users and deliver business growth
- Partner with Growth, Data, Creative, Merchandising and Product and Engineering teams to create a lifecycle marketing experience that activates and retains users with the purpose to increase lifetime value, boost revenue, and grow the brand
- Conceptualize, develop, and optimize marketing programs, including lifecycle trigger programs and large scale campaigns, while ensuring that communication is optimized in a holistic and user-focused way
- Manage a high performing team of marketers and ensure their continued development and growth within the organization
- Enable the team to maximize impact while minimizing overhead effort through technology and process efficiency
- Establish and streamline performance monitoring and reporting to continuously measure customer lifecycle performance and communicate results
- Bachelor’s Degree required - Master’s Preferred
- 15+ years minimum driving CRM/Lifecycle/Retention/Loyalty and Integrated Marketing
- World class leadership and management experience (5+ years minimum)
- Strategic and Analytical thinking skills
- Compassionate leader to grow and foster high growth organization
Skillz embraces diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to diversifying our workforce, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, gender, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or disability status, and we operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance .