This job might no longer be available.
Head of UA - Performance Marketing
24 days ago
Skillz is the leading mobile games platform dedicated to bringing out the best in everyone through competition.
The gaming industry is larger than movies, music, and books, with more than 2.7 billion gamers playing monthly and 10 million developers worldwide. Mobile is the fastest-growing segment of the gaming market, expected to increase from $86 billion last year to $161 billion in 2025.
As the first publicly-traded (NYSE: SKLZ) mobile esports platform, Skillz has pioneered the future of the gaming industry, by accelerating the convergence of sports, video games and media for an exploding mobile-first audience worldwide. The Skillz platform empowers developers to create multi-million dollar franchises by enabling social competition in their games. Leveraging its patented technology, Skillz hosts billions of casual esports tournaments for millions of mobile players worldwide, with the goal of building the home of competition for all. Skillz has earned recognition as one of Fast Company’s Best Workplaces for Innovators, CNBC’s Disruptor 50, Forbes’ Next Billion-Dollar Startups, Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies, and the number-one fastest-growing company in America on the Inc. 5000. www.skillz.com
As the Head of Acquisition/Performance Marketing, you will build and oversee the end to end strategy and execution for paid customer acquisition at Skillz.
- Build and scale paid marketing across all existing platforms including Facebook, TikTok, Google UAC, SEM, Affiliates, Display/Programmatic and TV
- Lead & Manage a team to translate goals into a direct response media strategy
- Oversee campaign setup, trafficking, ongoing optimization, and reporting
- Launch experiments and provide data-driven, analytically rigorous insights to test different channels and iterate on the digital marketing strategy
- Implement, manage, and improve KPIs across all digital channels to meet quarterly acquisition targets while maintaining CAC
- Use real-time data, testing, and campaign learnings to effectively optimize and manage campaigns. Collect insights to share back with internal stakeholders.
- Produce clear communication for internal teams regarding campaign performance, recommendations and expected deliverables.
- Work closely with analytics and data science teams to monitor detailed campaign data against KPIs
- Manage the in-house creative team to rapidly and cost-effectively deliver highly effective static and video ads
- Forecast and plan financial outcomes for annual budget goals and execute against said goals
- Partner with product, business development and customer support teams, dive deep into customer insights to improve conversions across the funnel
- Build and grow existing teams while fostering a data-driven, highly accountable and growth-focused culture
- 7-10 years of direct self-service experience working for an advertiser, agency, ad tech or social media platform
- 10+ years of performance marketing experience within a highly competitive D2C environment
- Knowledge of Adwords, Facebook Power Editor, Tiktok Ads Manager and Mobile Measurement Providers (Kochava, Singular, Appsflyer, Adjust). Experience working with Tableau is a plus.
- Superior collaboration and teamwork skills; experience working with cross-functional teams
- Project management experience and adaptability: Ability to re-prioritize while operating within a fast paced environment, while continuously maintaining attention to detail, establishing priorities and meeting deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; effectively communicate with internal stakeholders at all levels of the organization, vendors and team members.
- Intermediate to advanced skills in MS Office software (Excel, Powerpoint) and/or Google for Work products (Google Analytics, Sheets, Slides) and data analysis tools (Tableau and SQL) Positive attitude and hunger for learning and getting your hands dirty.
- Bachelor’s Degree, MBA a plus
- Experience managing paid digital channels including Facebook and Google - maximizing ROAS/LTV
- Experience running analytically-rigorous experiments and making data-driven decisions
- Track record of building and scaling high-performing teams
- Experience developing and launching linear TV campaigns (a big plus!)
- Experience weathering a startup strongly preferred
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Skillz embraces diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to diversifying our workforce, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, gender, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or disability status, and we operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance .