Head of Total Rewards
9 days ago
Skillz is the leading mobile games platform connecting players in fair, fun, and meaningful competition.
The gaming industry is larger than movies, music, and books, with more than 2.7 billion gamers playing monthly and 10 million developers worldwide. Mobile is the fastest-growing segment of the gaming market, expected to increase from $68 billion in 2019 to $150 billion in 2025.
As the first publicly-traded mobile esports platform, Skillz has pioneered the future of the gaming industry. The Skillz platform helps developers build multi-million dollar franchises by enabling social competition in their games. Leveraging its patented technology, Skillz hosts billions of casual esports tournaments for millions of mobile players worldwide, and distributes millions in prizes each month.
Through its philanthropic initiatives, Skillz has harnessed the power of its platform to transform the way nonprofits engage with donors, enabling anyone with a mobile device to support causes such as the American Red Cross, Susan G. Komen, American Cancer Society, and NAACP by playing in Skillz tournaments.
Skillz has also earned recognition as one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies, a two-time winner of CNBC’s Disruptor 50, one of Forbes’ Next Billion-Dollar Startups, and the #1 fastest-growing company in America on the Inc. 5000.
Our Head of Total Rewards will provide strategic leadership for the design, development and administration of Skillz compensation, rewards and recognition programs. Skillz’s success is a testament to the remarkable Skillzians who have joined the company, allowing us to grow by over 100% every year since inception. Now, we need an equally remarkable leader who can scale our total rewards programs to keep up with the growth as a public company.
What you will do:
- Own and evolve the company’s total compensation, incentive, equity, rewards and benefits programs for all levels of employees to drive business results, enable hiring and retention, and to ensure an exceptional Skillzian experience
- Build a team of Total Rewards professionals
- Educate leaders and employees on Skillz’s compensation philosophies and programs
- Design and recommend benefits and perks programs by assessing employee requirements, reviewing competitor and general industry practices, and analyzing cost impact/effectiveness
- Partner with HRBPs and Leadership team members to advise and influence business decisions related to hiring and retention of high performing teams
- Strategize with the Talent Acquisition, HR and Leadership teams to develop competitive offers rooted in market data and aligned with our compensation philosophy, for new and existing Skillzians
- Work collaboratively to improve Rewards processes, workflow and systems
- 10+ years HR experience with at least 3+ years experience in a leadership role heading up total compensation strategy, including executive compensation, sales and incentive compensation and equity compensation
- Global compensation and benefits strategy experience a plus
- Proven track record hiring and managing highly performant total rewards teams
- History of promotion/advancement and increasing responsibility
- Quantitative and data-driven — able to draw insights from data while making strong intuitive decisions when data is imperfect or unattainable
- Hungry and energized to hit ambitious goals
- Ability to build process in a rapid-growth environment
- Passion for building innovative total rewards and programs that are unique, creative and effective
- CCP, CBP or SPHR certification a plus
- Experience in fast-growth environments a plus