This job might no longer be available.
Head of Studio Development
Stockholm Stockholm County Sweden
8 months ago
We are DICE Stockholm
We entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
EA is seeking a Head of Studio Development for our DICE studio in beautiful Stockholm that will report to the VP/GM of the Studio. We are looking for a professional with in-depth knowledge of game development acquired by having led the delivery of AAA game franchises. This role requires highly developed relationship building skills, the ability to build credibility and influence within and outside the Studio. It also requires comfort in using multiple leadership and partnering styles (e.g. coach; mentor; directive/prescriptive as required), and an ability to engage, lead, and influence meaningfully at all levels.
Outcomes will include successfully managing to project on-time predictability and quality targets, business unit (BU) budgets, including the BU resource plan while achieving established BU responsibility profit (RP) targets.
Core responsibilities include:
- In partnership with the Head of Operations and local leadership team, implement the BU roadmap and supporting execution plan.
- Partner and review with Studio Sr Producers and Franchise Development Directors on franchise planning and execution.
- Develop, maintain and publish BU KPI’s that track project quality, delivery, and financial status and risks.
- Validate and audit cross franchise development plans.
- Conduct plan reviews with each of the franchise teams according to milestone gates; ensure consistent delivery and the leadership team has a strategy to execute against key milestones as well as robust mitigation plans developed as risks surface.
- Own alignment of studio franchise requirements in partnership with external or central team partners. Provide resolution to project escalation between studio teams and partner organizations where necessary.
- Own development process improvement for BU. Through direct and dotted-line reports drives transparent, predictable and value-add processes for quality product delivery and drives efficiencies and new ways of thinking with a goal of increasing profitability.
- Play a key role in shaping the development processes for the groups in partnership with other key stakeholders and exec.
- Responsible for the development budget planning process, working closely with the Head of Operations, finance partners and the Franchise leadership teams. Responsible for executing against a BU-approved budget.
- Establish an environment where franchise leaders can effectively manage and measure the AEM components of their games and are measured on their ability to achieve KPI’s for these components.
- 10+ years’ experience in game development.
- Successful track record in leading the project delivery of AAA game franchises
- Significant project and risk management experience.
- Proven experience in providing complex project solutions across multiple disciplines that consider process and technology.
- Experience in the development and delivery of games-as-a-service considered a strong plus
- Strong understanding of the key components of building and delivering software as a service a plus.
- Strong leadership skills: ability to challenge and influence a variety of stakeholders.
- Self-starter who can identify and solve problems.
- Excellent change management skills, i.e., comfortable with ambiguity and constant change, yet able to set priorities and execute on commitments.
- Flexible and agile: ability to adapt quickly and be effective in new situations a highly dynamic environment.
- Ability to prepare/present high impact business cases/analyses/recommendations to exec team.
- Able to effectively and quickly build relationships and establish trust, respect, competence and confidence.
- Possess passion, energy, enthusiasm to drive results; highly action oriented.
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
At DICE we take care of our staff and have done so during our steady growth over the last decade. In addition to a competitive compensation package we offer our employees 10 EA games per year, massage every three weeks, a variety of sports activities (yoga and cross fit to name a few) and health care allowance. We have a collective bargain agreement with Unionen and Sveriges Ingenjörer and provide our employees with occupational pension.
Although we enjoy working hard at DICE, we respect and value our employees’ personal lives. A good work-life balance is something we practice and maintain even during high-intensity periods.
We ask that you apply online with a combined CV and introduction letter in English.
We look forward to receiving your application!