Head of Strategic Initiatives, Business Operations
14 days ago
Skillz is the leading mobile games platform connecting players in fair, fun, and meaningful competition.
The gaming industry is larger than movies, music, and books, with more than 2.7 billion gamers playing monthly and 10 million developers worldwide. Mobile is the fastest-growing segment of the gaming market, expected to increase from $68 billion in 2019 to $150 billion in 2025.
As the first publicly-traded mobile esports platform, Skillz has pioneered the future of the gaming industry. The Skillz platform helps developers build multi-million dollar franchises by enabling social competition in their games. Leveraging its patented technology, Skillz hosts billions of casual esports tournaments for millions of mobile players worldwide, and distributes millions in prizes each month.
Through its philanthropic initiatives, Skillz has harnessed the power of its platform to transform the way nonprofits engage with donors, enabling anyone with a mobile device to support causes such as the American Red Cross, Susan G. Komen, American Cancer Society, and NAACP by playing in Skillz tournaments.
Skillz has also earned recognition as one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies, a two-time winner of CNBC’s Disruptor 50, one of Forbes’ Next Billion-Dollar Startups, and the #1 fastest-growing company in America on the Inc. 5000.
About the Team:
The Business Operations (“BizOps”) team is a nimble and highly impactful team that provides critical guidance, insights and strategic frameworks to the senior leaders responsible for our various functions and business units. The team operates like an internal consulting group to define and drive strategic, operational and organizational improvements across the company, creating the foundational business infrastructure that enables the company to efficiently and effectively scale. The Head of Strategic Initiatives will partner with our senior leadership team to solve the most complex, ambiguous business challenges impacting the business.
- Collaborate with Skillz senior leadership team to identify and solve the company’s biggest, cross-functional challenges to drive strategic growth
- Structure and drive cross-functional strategic initiatives to deliver measurable value to the company and help it achieve its vision
- Leverage qualitative and quantitative analysis to frame business tradeoffs, including whether to build or buy strategic capabilities
- Manage efficiently and effectively a small pool of strategy managers and analysts across strategic initiatives
- Use storytelling skills to persuasively communicate your recommendations to senior leaders and other stakeholders to build cross-functional consensus
- 10+ years’ experience in management consulting, banking and / or corporate strategy; MBA preferred
- Systems-thinker, ability to build relationships with stakeholders to understand their needs, and no ego
- Excellent business acumen, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Executive-level written, visual, and verbal presentation and communication skills across multiple functions and teams
- Comfortable managing competing priorities and ambiguity at all levels of an organization, including executive leadership
Skillz embraces diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to diversifying our workforce, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, gender, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or disability status, and we operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance .
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.