Head of Staff (f/m/d)
12 days ago
About the Company:
Chimera Entertainment is a creative and independent development studio for digital entertainment software in the heart of the beautiful city of Munich. In addition to developing our own IPs, we implement work for hire, from conception to completion. Gameplay and creative imagination are always in the foreground, and we promote teamwork and talent. Thanks to more than 15 years of expertise in the field of mobile gaming and cross-platform development as well as our award-winning portfolio of top titles such as “Angry Birds Epic” and “Angry Birds Evolution”, we are one of Germany’s leading game developers.
As a successful and ambitious company since 2006, Chimera Entertainment is working on state-of-the-art projects with high-profile partners, which offers a dynamic, challenging, and ultimately rewarding experience. Our values and culture are defined by a healthy team spirit, a sustainable work environment, passion for games, and the collaborative ambition to strive for excellence in an ever-changing industry, where our development studio is constantly striving to reach the next level.
As the Head of Staff (f/m/d) at Chimera Entertainment, your primary focus lies on the company’s people and the way they collaborate. Within the studio’s senior leadership group, you will be the SPOC (accountable) for Chimera’s entire operational staff. The department heads are your direct reports, you will work most closely with them to drive & come up with initiatives (or revolutions) to improve processes and communication across the studio.
Your mission (ultimate goal) is to help create high-quality, visually appealing games within an experienced, international, and flexible team of around 70 people – intending to grow further. We want you to look back in 5-10 years with the feeling that you’ve played your part in this together with your peers and the team. Using your excellent communication and coaching skills, you bring people together and help them help themselves.
Become part of a strong family of European game developers – and join us on-site in our headquarter office in Munich.
The kind of stuff you’ll be doing:
- working closely with the studio’s executive board, you report to the Studio Director to achieve and follow up on our strategic goals
- Oversee an extended leadership group, able to identify and solve tensions, and support morale
- Inspire and coach the department heads and extend your ideas to our directors as well
- Work closely with the Managing Director and our HR team to hire, build and retain talent
- Be a champion for the company’s values and an agent for change, good collaboration, and a healthy culture throughout the team and beyond
- Ensure company roles are understood and accountabilities uphold
- Improve workflows and communication lines within the studio and between its departments
Who we’re looking for:
- You have at least 10 years of experience (or you were extra fast :)) in the games industry or startups of a similar nature
- You have at least 5 years of professional experience in a leadership role, and understand what steering a studio does entail
- Leadership is one of your passions, and you are knowledgeable about all kinds of leadership models, and you have a demonstrated career progression with increasing responsibilities over time
- You understand how to conceptualize, document, and improve company workflows, roles, and processes
- You have a “get things done” attitude, and the ability to work self-directed & reliably on multiple topics
- You have an eye for the needs of your peers and can communicate well on all levels
- You are highly motivated, flexible and a team player – able to support others as well as let others support you just the same
- You love playing games and/or understand some other form of nerd culture
- You have excellent German and English language skills
Nice to have:
- You speak several languages and/or have lived in different countries
- You are experienced working with all kinds of people from various cultural backgrounds
- You led a studio on your own and/or have been part of a similar entrepreneurial experience
- You are living “the new normal” and are not afraid to push this even further
- You are familiar with radical candor, various styles of leadership, and experience with OKR systems
What’s in for You?
- A highly talented & motivated team
- respectful and friendly atmosphere in a flexible, remote-friendly working environment
- A creative, casual, and international workplace right in the heart of Munich
- Professional health coaching onsite and remote
- A well-stocked library with books, games, and game consoles
- coffee, drinks, and fruits onsite
- Regular team & company events (e.g. summer party, Oktoberfest, movie & gaming nights)
- An employee stock ownership plan (ESOP)
- And a lot of fun 🙂
Please let us know your salary expectations.
We are looking forward to receiving your application!
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Where did you find our job-ad?
Tell us your name *
How can we reach you? (email) *
Are you an EU citizen? *
yes no no with working permit
Would you move to Munich? *
yes no I already live in Munich
When would you like to start? *
Do you speak German? *
no native yes Certificate:
Would you learn German? *
Do you speak English? *
no native yes Certificate:
Current Job *
Level of experience *
Additional Info *
What are your salary expectations?
Upload your cover letter, CV, certificate/degree, and references *You can select several documents at once
Anything else you want to let us know?
I hereby acknowledge that Chimera-Entertainment, Personio, and remote control productions shall keep my personal data as well as information related to my employment application for the duration of the application process. For recruitment purposes, I understand and acknowledge that this information shall be transferred internally to the respective departments that are responsible for recruitment. Pursuant to legal regulations, personal data is treated as strictly confidential.
Is everything ready? Please verify that you are not a robot or an evil, extraterrestrial intelligence.