Head of Security Engineering
17 days ago
A bit about us:
Immutable is a global technology company, powering the world of NFTs on Ethereum. We are on a mission to be the number one ecosystem for NFTs which empowers and rewards users. Founded in 2018, Immutable is one of Australia's fastest-growing startups to hit unicorn status, having raised more than AUD $300M+ and valued at AUD $3.5 billion.
Currently, the Immutable Group consists of Immutable X and the Game Studio. Immutable X is the first and leading Layer 2 scaling solution for NFTs on Ethereum, with zero gas fees & is 100% carbon neutral. The Immutable Studio creates games on blockchain technologies to allow for true, digital ownership; including the world's first NFT trading-card game, Gods Unchained, and Guild of Guardians.
It is our ambition to make digital worlds real; we have incredible global growth plans as we strive to become the number one ecosystem for NFTs.
Come and join us as we pioneer in this space!
A bit about the role:
As Immutable X grows, we are searching for a Head of Security Engineering who will help us secure trading and exchange technology and protect user assets. You will be responsible for developing and maintaining world-class security infrastructure in an exciting new domain filled with new challenges and opportunities for innovation.
You will have enormous autonomy to sculpt our security practices and processes, and to create a truly customer-driven culture of security from the ground up. This is an opportunity to not just build a more secure product for one company, but a more secure future for digital asset ownership in general.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Define best practices for engineers and others at Immutable
- Own our systems for securing blockchain keys and other business-critical secrets
- Create engineering primitives which ensure our engineers are building according to our defined standards
- Conduct internal training and education on security practices and processes
- Re-architecting Immutable’s internal security controls and practices
- Re-design Immutable's security practices
- Work on securing a new asset class, and invent new security techniques for our context
- Work in a high-growth scale up where your choices will have a big impact on not just our internal teams but also our user base
We would love you to have:
- Extensive Security Engineering experience and be willing to write code
- The ability to implement security processes and practices without substantial disruption to development workflows
- Proven success in building, developing and managing a high-performance team in a Product/SaaS/FinTech business
- Proven experience managing teams as a Head of or Senior Manager and a passion for training, knowledge sharing, and mentoring
- Strong consulting and stakeholder engagement skills
- Experience with AWS
Some skills that would be awesome:
- Blockchain experience/Blockchain exchange experience
A bit about the team:
This role will be part of the Immutable X Platform team where you will help build out our Immutable X Platform. As engineers at Immutable, we aspire to create an engineering culture that is world-class in every respect. A culture that means Immutable is known as a place where the best people do amazing work and one that consistently and sustainably delivers business outcomes. While working at Immutable you will have the opportunity to work in one of our many squads - Primitives, Protocols/Tokens, Mainstream, Crypto Developers, Marketplace, Wallets, and Core Engineering.
We are proud of the benefits that we offer for all of our employees globally. Here is a snapshot:
Attracting the best global talent:
💸We commit to paying globally competitive salaries and contributions & we share our products' success through Employee Stock Options. We also support our US Employees with Medical and 401K Insurance
💻 While we have a REMOTE first approach, we have an epic head office in the heart of Sydney and offer remote office hubs around the globe via a WeWork all-access pass
📲We offer AUD $750 WFH allowance to set up your home office and AUD $900 per annum to put toward your internet and phone usage.
Levelling up your growth
🌱 We offer up to AUD $2,000 per annum for any classes, courses or events to support your growth and development
📚 Enjoy access to free online courses via Udemy
Helping you thrive
💆🏽♀️ Enjoy $1200 per year to put toward your health and wellbeing
🤗 Get 24/7 access to unlimited counselling for you and your family when you need it through our EAP Service
🎁Get premium access to Aura, Calm, online fitness classes and discounts at major retailers through Perkbox
Leave when you need it the most:
👨👧👦New parents receive 12 weeks of paid leave in our gender-neutral offer. The birthing parent also gets an additional six weeks of leave for rest and recovery leading up to and after birth. We also offer Miscarriage Leave and extra leave for IVF treatments
🎂 Enjoy 2 additional paid annual leave days at the end of the year and a paid day off for your birthday
Immutable is committed to building and fostering an inclusive, diverse workplace. We believe in incorporating everyone's perspectives and experiences as this has been a significant driver of our success so far. For this reason, we strongly encourage candidates of all backgrounds to get in touch. Even if you don't meet all the job listing requirements, do yourself (and us) a favour by still applying! You'll likely bring something to the workplace that we haven't thought of yet, and we would love to hear from you. We are a 2022 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to responding to every applicant.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.