Head of Revenue FP&A
Los Angeles, California, United States
20 days ago
Skillz is the leading mobile games platform connecting players in fair, fun, and meaningful competition.
The gaming industry is larger than movies, music, and books, with more than 2.7 billion gamers playing monthly and 10 million developers worldwide. Mobile is the fastest-growing segment of the gaming market, expected to increase from $68 billion in 2019 to $150 billion in 2025.
Skillz is pioneering the competitive mobile gaming experience, leveraging its patented technology to power over two billion esports tournaments a year. The company is headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading venture capitalists, media companies, and professional sports leagues and franchises.
Through its philanthropic initiatives, Skillz has harnessed the power of its platform to transform the way nonprofits engage with donors, enabling anyone with a mobile device to support causes such as the American Red Cross, Susan G. Komen, American Cancer Society, and NAACP by playing in Skillz tournaments.
Skillz has also earned recognition as one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies, a two-time winner of CNBC’s Disruptor 50, one of Forbes’ Next Billion-Dollar Startups, and the #1 fastest-growing company in America on the Inc. 5000.
What We’re Looking For:
We are seeking a head of revenue FP&A who will serve as the primary FP&A business partner for the developer partnerships, business development, content, and user acquisition teams. The ideal candidate for this role is highly analytical and data-driven, but also people-oriented and driven by aligning teams toward setting and hitting shared objectives. As the head of revenue FP&A, you will own all aspects of revenue related to the revenue org, including but not limited to revenue forecasting, operational KPI setting and reporting, and budget / spend management. The ideal candidate for this role has been the primary FP&A business partner for revenue-generating organizations before and is comfortable working with both sales and digital advertising organizations.
What You Will Do :
- Embed within the revenue organization, acting as a go-between between the Finance and revenue teams
- Manage the revenue org to hitting its major financial and operational objectives
- Build out a world-class revenue FP&A organization
- Represent the revenue organization during CFO financial and operational reviews
- Manage the company’s revenue projections, including financial model and major executive revenue operational dashboard
- Bachelor's degree in a related field; preferably Finance, Mathematics, Accounting or similar fields
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in FP&A
- Background in consulting or investment banking desired, but not required
- Intermediate SQL / Database experience
- Intermediate dashboard building experience
- Ability to adapt to a rapidly evolving environment
- Experience working in a fast-growing technology company preferred
- “Can do” attitude and team player
- Detail and action-oriented
Skillz embraces diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to diversifying our workforce, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, gender, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or disability status.