Head of R&D (Director), Wellness App
4 days ago
leading marketing software provides mobile app developers a powerful set of solutions to grow their mobile apps. AppLovin’s technology platform enables developers to market, monetize, analyze and publish their apps. The company’s first-party content includes over 200+ popular, engaging apps and its technology brings that content to millions of users around the world. AppLovin is headquartered in Palo Alto, California with several offices globally.
AppLovin is a Certified Great Place to Work, one of Inc.’s Best Workplaces and a recipient of the 2019 Glassdoor Top CEO employee’s choice award. The San Francisco Business Times and Silicon Valley Business Journal awarded AppLovin one of the Bay Area’s Best Places to Work in 2019, 2020 and 2021, and the Workplace Wellness Award in 2019 which recognizes businesses that are leaders in improving worker well-being.
To entertain the world with the best mobile games by helping game developers reach players everywhere and provide the best game experience for their users.
At AppLovin, we’re all about staying inspired and delivering our best. We’re not content just to meet our goals—we want to beat them. Doing that means always taking initiative, acting with integrity, and aspiring to greatness.
What we’re looking for:
For a new, innovative, and super-exciting business within AppLovin, we’re looking for a Head Of R&D with hands-on experience, group, and team management experience, and tech lead skills. The ideal candidate is super passionate about technology, independent, people-person, self-motivated, results-oriented, and sharp.
- BSc in Computer Science from a top university
- At least 3 years of hands-on experience of programming in the mobile ecosystem
- At least 3 years team management experience or 2 years as a group management experience
- Experience in leading app development from zero to store release and beyond
- Eager to ship, get the code out of the door, and willing to make pragmatic trade-offs while ensuring product quality at all times
- Passionate, motivated auto-didact that can take on projects and learn new technologies
- Quick learning generalist with the ability to adjust for changing business requirements
- A real team player!
- Recruit, build, and supervise in-house and external teams of professionals, to achieve business goals
- Lead and manage the planning and development of a new mobile app from scratch to app store release and to reach a large scale of users, including ongoing analysis of the app quality and user behavior
- Select the tech stack of the app development, lead system architecture design, and define development methods and processes
- Work closely with product management and graphic designers to define and develop the app
AppLovin is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, medical condition, religion, marital status or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.