This job might no longer be available.
Head of Quality Assurance
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
8 days ago
Skillz is driving the future of entertainment by accelerating the convergence of sports, video games and media for a booming mobile-first audience worldwide. The company’s platform empowers mobile game developers and players with access to fun and fair competition for real prizes , shifting the paradigm to make esports accessible to anyone, anywhere.
Skillz helps developers build multi-million dollar game franchises by turning content into competitive social gaming properties for the world’s 2.6 billion gamers. The company has already worked with 20,000 game developers, leveraging its patented technology to host billions of casual esports tournaments for 30 million players worldwide.
Last year, Skillz was recognized as one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies and CNBC Disruptor 50 (for the second time ). In 2018, Skillz was listed as one of Forbes’ Next Billion-Dollar Startups and Entrepreneur Magazine’s 100 Brilliant Companies . In 2017, Inc. Magazine ranked Skillz the No. 1 fastest-growing private company in America .
The company is backed by leading venture capitalists, media companies, and professional sports luminaries, ranging from Liberty Global, Accomplice, Wildcat Capital, Telstra Ventures, and a founder of Great Hill Partners to the owners of the New England Patriots, Milwaukee Bucks, New York Mets, and Sacramento Kings.
What you’ll do:
- Effectively split time supervising the local team of QA Testers 70% of the time, while participating in the hands-on testing 30% of your time
- Create weekly team performance metrics, consolidated bug reports
- Maintain open and excellent communication channels with the other teams across multiple office locations
- Maintain a healthy motivation level and consistency in productivity for the local QA team
- Execute, maintain and improve the test cases/test plans for game testing
- Report and track issues in Jira
- Work with Product Management, Engineering, and Developer Success to resolve issues as they’re discovered
- Deploy mobile games on iOS and Android devices for testing
- Contribute to the mission of QA, raising the bar of quality for every product through process improvements.
- Have acted in a leadership capacity in previous roles - either as a supervisor, player-coach, or lead
- Strongly familiar with mobile platforms (iOS and Android)
- 2+ years of relevant experience testing mobile apps
- Understanding of software testing principles
- Ability to execute and improve upon existing QA processes and workflows for testing production games
- Experience using defect tracking solutions (such as JIRA) strongly preferred
- Excellent written / verbal communication
- Experience with TestRail a plus
Skillz embraces diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to diversifying our workforce, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, gender, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or disability status, and we operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance .