Head of QA Engineering
22 days ago
To lead our newly formed QA Engineering Department , we are looking for an experienced Head of QA Engineering .
The department's mission is to be ambassadors and champions of software quality, and you will be focusing on developing the QAE craft, strategy, and standard practices.
In this role at Wooga, you will be reporting to the VP Technology. Your department will be assembled with QA Test Engineers and QA Automation Engineers who will work day to day embedded in multidisciplinary game teams to ensure we continue to produce the highest quality Story-Driven Casual Games.
Besides leading and developing the craft, you will collaborate with other department Heads and Leads. You will be part of the Technology Leadership Group and the main point of contact with our parent company's (Playtika) QA & QA Automation competence center.
About the role:
- You will be a driving force to continuously improve our games delivering value and the highest quality experience to our players.
- You will be leading the QAE discipline, be the ambassador of the discipline inside and outside of Wooga, and you will collaborate with Playtika QA Center
- You set the company wide QAE vision, strategy, and standards
- You will define QAE structure, roles, responsibilities, and processes
- You will be the main point of contact for key stakeholders, other department heads, game directors and game team leads
- You will coordinate your efforts with the development teams, working side by side to advise and inform upon risks, and assisting in building the highest quality products
- You will be responsible for the overall QAE roadmap
- You will enable your team to execute test strategies and continually improve operational efficiency and effectiveness by evolving QA methodologies and processes, defining KPIs, and success criteria.
- You will coach QA Test Engineers and QA Automation Engineers toward independent results, be responsible for their growth, and hold them accountable for shared goals
- You will oversee the creation and maintenance of training, testing tools, test plans, and supporting documentation
- You will ensure that QA learnings and insights are shared and applied across the organization
- You will drive initiatives to hire, develop, and retain talent in the QAE Discipline in Wooga
- You have several years of leadership experience running QA / QA Automation teams
- You have excellent leadership and coaching skills with the ability to transform qualitative and quantitative feedback into actionable goals
- You can communicate effectively to management and stakeholders in a multidisciplinary, multicultural environment
- Ability to collaborate on initiatives across the entirety of the company; working with the game and shared technology teams
- You have several years of hands-on test automation background, preferably in the mobile/web game industry. You are an outstanding subject matter expert and a true test automation advocate
- Bachelor’s Degree in Game/Software Development or related degree, or corresponding experience in software development
- You are passionate about software quality, games and have a demonstrable understanding of the mobile game industry and gaming trends
- Shape the future! Challenge the status quo and team up with a diverse group of experts working on crafting the world’s best games.
- Located in Europe’s most creative city with low cost of living and high quality of life. We offer a generous relocation package and home search support if you are not already located in Berlin. Did we mention that we also cooperate with Kindergartens?
- Make use of a significant education budget and extra days off for self-development. Join our meet-ups, talks, brown bag lunches, internal trainings, workshops and many others.
- Participate in the company’s success - we offer a quarterly bonus scheme!
- Did you know that German is the third most commonly taught language worldwide? Learn it too! We offer German language classes for you and your significant other.
- As much coffee, drinks, cereals and fruits as you can handle.
- Choose your own equipment and be set up for success! We got your back!
At Wooga we are committed to providing a friendly, safe and welcoming environment for everyone who works here or with us, regardless to gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, religion (or lack thereof) and game preferences.