This job might no longer be available.
Head of Production
Toronto Ontario M5V1T4 Canada
4 months ago
Sago Mini is hiring a Head of Production.
We are a team of designers, developers, builders, artists, thinkers, and doers. We make fun
apps and toys to delight both kids and parents around the world. Kids are at the heart of what we do. And we love what we do.
The Head of Production is responsible for the production of all apps, ensuring they’re delivered in time to meet release schedules. To accomplish this, they own the overall schedule of work, and resourcing for the production team of 20-30 people. More importantly, they help this multidisciplinary group of people communicate, learn from each other, and work effectively together in a supportive, production environment.
- Manage and train producers so they can effectively support their app teams.
- Ensure app teams meet with play design, art, and development leads regularly to review app progress, quality, and flag any risks.
- Meet with product teams and the CEO to negotiate production schedules.
- Coordinate production schedules with the marketing team.
- Be aware of the skills, goals, and concerns of everyone on the production team by coordinating with producers and the play design, art, and development team leads.
- Ensure roles and responsibilities are clearly defined across the team and understood by everyone.
- Work with leads to determine the most needed gaps in the team.
- Manage the hiring, and onboarding process ensuring new hires integrate well.
- Support mentorship processes for those looking to move into a new role.
Not part of this role:
- You won’t design or build games yourself.
- You won’t be responsible for evaluating the technical/design quality of apps produced (but you will need to ensure those that can are doing this effectively).
- You won’t work with external clients, only internal stakeholders.
- You won’t do marketing, or product strategy.
- Extensive project management experience leading cross-functional teams.
- 4+ years relevant work experience in creative digital content (apps, games, vfx, or animation).
- Experience managing resources and project schedules for teams of 10+ people.
- Fluency in the language of software development, design, and UX.
- Experience with project management and communication software.
- You are a leader who has helped grow other leaders.
- Experience with Agile, Scrum, or other project management systems.
- Experience with kids media.
- Any design, development, or relevant technical experience.
You will love this job if you:
- Enjoy mobilizing and supporting teams to produce their best work.
- Feel comfortable facilitating informed decision-making between disciplines (even without understanding all the technical details).
- Would rather coach a dream team than be the star player.
- Like to learn and improve your skills regularly.
We offer an exceptional workplace in downtown Toronto, competitive compensation, and paid benefits (for employees and their families). We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people who care about doing great work.