This job might no longer be available.
Head of Product, Skillz App
21 days ago
Skillz is the leading mobile games platform connecting players in fair, fun, and meaningful competition.
The gaming industry is larger than movies, music, and books, with more than 2.7 billion gamers playing monthly and 10 million developers worldwide. Mobile is the fastest-growing segment of the gaming market, expected to increase from $68 billion in 2019 to $150 billion in 2025.
As the first publicly-traded mobile esports platform, Skillz has pioneered the future of the gaming industry. The Skillz platform helps developers build multi-million dollar franchises by enabling social competition in their games. Leveraging its patented technology, Skillz hosts billions of casual esports tournaments for millions of mobile players worldwide, and distributes millions in prizes each month.
Through its philanthropic initiatives, Skillz has harnessed the power of its platform to transform the way nonprofits engage with donors, enabling anyone with a mobile device to support causes such as the American Red Cross, Susan G. Komen, American Cancer Society, and NAACP by playing in Skillz tournaments.
Skillz has also earned recognition as one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies, a two-time winner of CNBC’s Disruptor 50, one of Forbes’ Next Billion-Dollar Startups, and the #1 fastest-growing company in America on the Inc. 5000.
Who we’re looking for:
Our product development team sets the vision for the Skillz player experience. You are a successful product leader that has successfully launched mobile and web based consumer applications to millions of users. The Head of Product for the Skillz app will drive the product strategy, product requirements, and evolution strategy for a brand new product to market. The goal of the Skillz app is to provide a central hub for Skillz players to discover new games, participate in live events across hundreds of titles, and build communities with other Skillz players. As the Head of Product for the Skillz app you will be responsible for growing the existing team, hiring your own PM/analyst staff, and much more as the scope and success of the product grows
What you'll do:
- Lead a team to develop a brand new game discovery, social, and event application for the Skillz platform
- Triple the current team size with key roles that will take this product to the next level
- Lead a cross-functional team of designers and engineers to evolve the world's first mobile eSports tournament dashboard and mobile application for its players
- iOS and Android Skillz mobile application: social, live content, leaderboards, stats, game distribution
- Develop the first ever experience for our end users to understand their gameplay and statistics
- Create a way to best display our portfolio of games and offerings to our users
- Maintain processes to ensure project management documentation, reports and plans are relevant, accurate and complete
- 8+ years of proven Product Management experience in consumer mobile applications and experiences
- Skilled at guiding the product development process: ideation, wireframing, design, implementation, quality assurance, etc.
- Prior experience running UX testing cycles, capturing feedback, and translating into new product iterations
- Experienced with designing schedules/time tables and driving to on-spec and on-time completion
- Comfortable liaising between technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Able to collate idea streams from across all stakeholders to drive future product roadmap
- Work with business operations managers to establish measures of success and business rules used to manage and evaluate the business
- Knowledge of multiple analytics packages and data techniques preferred
- Computer Science degree or Technical background is a huge plus
- You have a vision for the future of digital entertainment, and can chart a course for the team to succeed
Skillz embraces diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to diversifying our workforce, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, gender, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or disability status.