This job might no longer be available.
Product Manager, Skillz App
San Francisco, CA, United States
5 months ago
Skillz is driving the future of entertainment by accelerating the convergence of sports, video games and media for an exploding mobile-first audience worldwide. The company’s platform empowers mobile game developers and players with democratized access to fun, fair and skill-based competition for real prizes , shifting the paradigm to make eSports accessible to anyone, anywhere with a mobile device.
Skillz helps developers build multi-million dollar game franchises by turning content into competitive social gaming properties for the world’s 2.6 billion gamers. The company has already worked with 13,000 game developers, leveraging its patented technology to host over 800 million tournaments for 18 million players worldwide.
This year, Skillz was recognized as one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies and CNBC Disruptor 50 (for the second time ). In 2018, Skillz was listed as one of Forbes’ Next Billion-Dollar Startups and Entrepreneur Magazine’s 100 Brilliant Companies . In 2017, Inc. Magazine ranked Skillz the No. 1 fastest-growing private company in America .
The company is backed by leading venture capitalists, media companies, and professional sports luminaries, ranging from Liberty Global, Accomplice, Wildcat Capital, Telstra Ventures, and a founder of Great Hill Partners to the owners of the New England Patriots, Milwaukee Bucks, New York Mets, and Sacramento Kings.
Who we're looking for:
Our product development team sets the vision for the Skillz player experience. You are a successful product leader that has successfully launched mobile and web based applications to millions of users. The Head of Product for the Skillz app will drive the product strategy, product requirements, and go to market strategy for a brand new product. The goal of the Skillz app is to provide a central hub for Skillz players to discover new games, participate in special events, and build connections with other Skillz players. As the Head of Product for the Skillz app you will be responsible for hiring your own product team with two directs to start and more as the scope of the product grows.
What you'll do:
- Lead a cross-functional team of designers and engineers to evolve the world's first mobile eSports tournament dashboard and mobile application for its players
- iOS and Android Skillz mobile application: social, live content, leaderboards, stats, game distribution
- Own games.skillz.com
- Develop the first ever experience for our end users to understand their gameplay and statistics
- Create a way to best display our portfolio of games and offerings to our users
- Maintain processes to ensure project management documentation, reports and plans are relevant, accurate and complete
- 8+ years of proven Product Management experience in consumer mobile applications and experiences
- Skilled at guiding the product development process: ideation, wireframing, design, implementation, quality assurance, etc.
- Prior experience running UX testing cycles, capturing feedback, and translating into new product iterations
- Experienced with designing schedules/time tables and driving to on-spec and on-time completion
- Comfortable liaising between technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Able to collate idea streams from across all stakeholders to drive future product roadmap
- Work with business operations managers to establish measures of success and business rules used to manage and evaluate the business
- Knowledge of multiple analytics packages and data techniques preferred
- Computer Science degree or Technical background is a huge plus
Skillz embraces diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to diversifying our workforce, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, gender, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or disability status, and we operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance