Head of Product - Body Coach
13 days ago
ABOUT BODY COACH
The Body Coach is on a mission to make the world fitter, healthier and happier. With over 7 million+ monthly views on his fitness YouTube channel and over 600,000 clients on his online plans, Joe Wicks has launched a new digital business with the goal to reach millions of people all around the world.
We’re obsessed with delivering exceptional products to our customers and fans and have handpicked a product partner that we consider the world’s best. Up until now the product team has been led by the COO and CEO of Body Coach but given the commitment and scale of our ambitions we need someone 100% committed to work with our partners ustwo. We are looking for an exceptional and experienced Head of Product to be part of our next chapter. Our ambition is to help millions of people become healthy, fit and happy. The aspiration is high, and so is our commitment.
The Head of Product role is key to ensuring that the work we do results in us continuously optimising and releasing a product that is commercially viable, meets key business objectives and is a best in class experience for our customers. We are looking for a Head of Product to work side by side with our partners, ustwo, joining a fast-paced team to continue evolving and growing the The Body Coach App and service.
We have designed a new business model, a subscription strategy, a back-end system to support clients with their progress and a website to communicate Joe’s vision. You will be joining as we look at how to continuously evolve and scale it to meet the vision and the potential of the product.
It goes without saying that you’re an exceptional product leader who is excited by the potential of The Body Coach App and business. You have the chops - we don’t care if you’ve delivered 100 projects. We care that you delivered and scaled at least one incredible product that blows our mind. The Body Coach App is growing fast. We have an exceptional team and significant growth plans. This is a leadership role and you will work closely with the CEO and COO of The Body Coach.
You must have experience leading a super talented product team – this includes iOS, Android, Web; Strategy, Design, Insights & Data.
YOUR KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and refine Body Coach’s product strategy with partners across the business and our current product partners, ustwo . Define overall objectives and success metrics.
- Balance the needs of the business, the brand, customers and fans, as you help Body Coach’s product teams translate our strategy into meaningful experiences for our fans.
- Help drive the development process that keeps our product on the cutting edge, making sure all involved are clear on what opportunities we’re trying to pursue, why we’re pursuing them and in what order.
- Provide leadership to the team, owning the user funnels within the product and major business KPIs in order to drive impact.
- Be the voice of our beloved customers analysing their needs appropriately for the opportunity at hand.
- Use data and analytics to experiment, test and to ultimately drive growth for the product.
- Work with teams across the Body Coach (Support Heroes, Marketing, Content, Joe and Nikki) to ensure we always deliver for our customers and they’re able to enjoy a brilliant and compelling experience every time they interact with us.
- Share accountability for delivering against critical metrics for our business and products.
- Work with Marketing and other key teams to maximise the impact of major product releases on those critical metrics.
- Contribute to The Body Coach developing a positive, progressive and inclusive working culture as we realise our bold plans for growth.
WHO YOU ARE
- You understand the importance of the bigger picture, thinking big and maintaining our vision while also being detail oriented.
- You know it's not just about the ideas, it's about execution and you get things done.
- You’re a natural storyteller, able to explain decisions as well as articulate concepts and ideas in a persuasive voice. You know how to explain complex ideas and technical terms in simple ways, and can engage with developers and designers as easily as you can with the C-suite/CEOs/business leaders
- You’re entrepreneurial and driven, but you’re also a gifted diplomat who can influence cross-functional teams without wielding formal authority.
- You’re insight and data driven. You base your decisions on facts rather than opinions.
- You’re calm when things get hectic, you're comfortable with complexity and can make hard tradeoffs on priority. You work transparently and collaboratively with your teams.
- You're positive and bring a can-do attitude to the big challenges, but you know how to deliver a qualified ‘no’ when it counts.
- You’re curious and creative. You never stop learning or asking questions.
- You’re passionate about product development and constantly seeking to improve your ways of working and how the team approaches things.
- You’re passionate about health, wellbeing and fitness.
You are able to demonstrate:
- 8+ years experience in a product management role. You’ve been through the mill of defining, launching and scaling a well-loved and in demand mobile-first product.
- Experience with insight-driven product development (data-driven decision making and user-centered design practices).
- Experience supporting product teams in reaching their full potential and you know what it takes to motivate a growing scaling talented team (currently 25+??).
- Experience working with Agile development methods to bring predictability to your release cycles.
- Experience working effectively in a dynamic startup environment.
It would be a plus if you had:
- Experience developing social or consumer products, technologies/platforms.
- Domain expertise in fitness or wellbeing.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.