Head of Performance Marketing
13 days ago
To our wonderful friends and followers around the world, Jagex is not pausing its search for the most talented people to join its ranks. We’re a successful, robust and growing business, after all.
In light of the current situation concerning coronavirus, we have already made changes to the way we recruit, and of course are mindful of following all necessary processes to ensure the safety of our staff and anyone we might come into contact with.
Jagex has switched to working almost entirely remotely, and in line with that our recruitment and selection process has moved to an entirely remote one with video calls being the preferred method of interview.
Our hiring managers are engaged, we are well-prepared and we sincerely look forward to talking to you soon. Our team of expert recruiters will be in touch with you to talk you through the process and changes and what to expect.
So, don’t delay, get that application in today!
A leader in creating deep and engaging experiences on PC and mobile, Jagex was founded in 2001 and is today one of the UK’s biggest and most respected video game developers and publishers.
Famed for its flagship MMOs RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, Jagex has welcomed more than 260million player accounts to its world and created a $1bn lifetime franchise revenue. Today the RuneScape franchise exists beyond running games in live operations; our titles are living games that connect and inspire millions of players, with content and experiences both inside and outside of inexhaustible game worlds.
Both RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, on PC and mobile, offer ever-evolving, highly-active worlds and our community-focussed development ethos empowers players to have a real say in how each game is shaped.
Jagex is expanding and extending its portfolio with fresh franchise titles, new IP and, in 2018 launched Jagex Partners, delivering third-party publishing and operational services exclusively for the living games of the future.
Jagex employs more than 400 people at its Cambridge headquarters and is on the hunt for talented people to work across the business to help the company to achieve yet another year of record growth and player satisfaction.
The Publishing team are the owners of the global brand and marketing strategy for the RuneScape franchise. We define the product positioning, developing the landscape for commercial release, enthuse and excite players about the new addition to the Jagex games’ portfolio. Setting KPIs – revenue, players, retention, acquisition, market share, etc. – and achieving them.
As Head of Performance Marketing, you will manage & lead the Performance Marketing team, setting the strategic and tactical goals across all Jagex games. You will work closely with many internal teams including Analytics, Data Science & Engineering (ADSE), Game Development, Game Technology & more. You will be a Senior Member of the Marketing Group & will be responsible for growing Jagex games through effective paid marketing activities.
- Define and execute the performance marketing and paid media strategy for the Jagex portfolio of 1st and 3rd party games.
- Lead the strategic planning of user acquisition and paid media campaigns to support company business goals & objectives
- Install a culture of data driven decision making for all performance marketing KPI’s to maximise effectiveness and profitability
- Partner with our Analytics, Data Science & Engineering team (ADSE) to measurement & attribution systems for both performance & brand marketing campaigns
- Oversee the creation of clear, regular, and accurate reporting of performance marketing and paid media to Executives and Senior Management teams
- Manage the relationship with key advertising partners, agencies and 3rd party technology providers
- Work alongside finance teams to ensure costs & derived revenue for performance marketing campaigns are allocated correctly, and support on investment forecasts & opportunities
- Ensure consistent testing & optimisation of channels, audience targeting and conversion optimisation working alongside Product Marketing, Analytics and Creative teams
- Partner with product leadership to ensure regular communication of CAC and LTV by game and identify key growth opportunities and opportunities for improvements
- Lead & develop the performance marketing team by setting clear department goals and objectives, regular 1:1’s and mentorship, L&D plans and annual reviews
- Be ultimately accountable for the performance of all paid media channels
- Extensive experience with leading a UA/Performance Marketing/Paid Media department, preferably within the Gaming industry
- Results focused, with demonstrable success of driving product growth at scale through performance marketing campaigns
- Strong focus on ROI and efficiency of campaigns, with experience of optimising against clear department & business KPIs
- Excellent communication skills & significant experience working with cross-functional teams on both technical & non-technical projects
- Strong overall management and leadership skills, with excellent interpersonal & presentation skills
- Highly adaptable, with the ability to thrive within the rapidly evolving Digital Marketing landscape
- A Pragmatic growth mindset – there are always areas to improve, and overcoming obstacles is a natural part of the process
- Flexible Working
- Bonus Scheme
- Private Health Care
- Gym Membership
- Generous Pension Contributions
- Life Insurance
- Free Cycle Repair
- Income Protection
- Dental Plan
- Free Fruit and Drinks
- Subsidised Canteen
Feel like you fit this role, but don’t meet all the requirements? We strive for fresh perspectives, so as long as you can demonstrate how your attitude and other abilities might make up for any gaps we would welcome your application!
Jagex are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.