This job might no longer be available.
Head of Operations- Maxis & Track Twenty
Redwood City, CA
3 months ago
Creativity, Collaboration, and Communication are what make Maxis tick as we prepare ourselves for massive amounts of growth and an incredible amount of fun. We want to engage our players and create the most entertaining titles in the world. Come and see for yourself, the future is here..
At Maxis we’re pushing the boundaries on every front so you’ll get a chance to stretch beyond your comfort zone and have the ability to learn while you contribute. Our team culture is collaborative and high-performance and we expect everyone to think like game makers and approach development with a Player First perspective.
Head of Operations – Maxis & Track Twenty
- Partner with Maxis VP Studio GM and Biz Ops to develop a clear multi-year regional development vision, driving improved annual net revenue and operating contribution.
- Accountable for the product execution at quality and development oversight for Maxis & Track Twenty Studios & Projects.
- Accountable for financial management of the Business Unit. Ensure that BU finance goals and R&D budget are realistic & valid and ensure they are respected & balanced to hit the targets.
- Support and guide decisions around the balance between quality/time/cost and directing the project team accordingly.
- Partner with VP Studio GM to ensure we have career development and succession planning for the key leadership roles in the studio.
- Validate and audit franchise development plans. Support and guide decisions around the balance between quality/time/cost and direct the project teams accordingly.
- Conduct key gates and milestone reviews with the game teams according to milestone gates; ensure consistent delivery and that the leadership team has a strategy to execute against key milestones and identifies key risks and mitigation/contingency strategies
- Development process improvements – identify and provide support through tools, templates and process to improve quality and predictability of project outcome
- Act as mentor and coach for the various projects Development Directors as well as other project leaders – meet regularly with Franchise Development Directors, Development Directors team and other key leaders to provide career development support and coaching.
- Oversight of project-based budgets – collaboration with VP Studio GM, Executive Producers, Franchise DDs and Finance Partners to ensure project teams are operating within the finance approved budget
- Develop long range department planning and development strategies - collaborate with Head of Operations and other Group Development Directors and Franchise Development Directors, build medium to long term technology, financial and development road maps.
- Influence Development Operations best practices beyond Maxis across EA Studios
- Plan and monitor the day-to-day running of the studio to ensure smooth operations
- Develop, implement, and monitor day-to-day operational systems and processes that provide visibility into goals, progress, and obstacles for our key initiatives
- Partner with HR, Recruiting, Finance and Senior Leadership involved in hiring, staffing plans, and long-range planning. In addition, coordinate the completion & follow up of Team Health Surveys, Post Mortems and associated action items
- Build and maintain relationships with studio projects and disciplines leaders, relevant company executives, external partners, and vendors to make decisions regarding operational activity and strategic goals
- Oversee the coordination of material and resources allocation, working with the Head of Development Operations, Finance Partner and Senior Leadership to determine re-partition of budget and headcount allocation of team members across our different projects.
- Revise and/or formulate policies and promote their implementation
- Uphold organization policies and standards, ensuring legislative regulations are followed
- Work closely with human resources to lead team with integrity and establish and maintain a trusting, inclusive, and productive environment
- Manage studio budget and act as responsible individual for the approval of significant corporate expenses
- Ensure Performance Management standards are adhered to and followed throughout the yearly cycle
- Drive the implementation of initiatives that positively contribute to the creation of a signature experience for Maxis for existing and would-be employees
- Build & foster relationships and networks beyond Maxis across EA Studios
- Collaborate with HR and key leaders in offsite planning and coordinate the completion and follow up of associated action items.
- 8+ years of proven leadership growing and developing multiple high performance teams as well as operations experience in the development of AAA game franchises or similar software development projects.
- Highly developed relationship building skills, as well as the ability to establish credibility and influence within and outside Maxis studios.
- Proficient change management skills, i.e., comfortable with ambiguity and constant change, yet able to set priorities and execute on commitments
- Strong ability to develop and execute on business strategies.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills - able to work on complex problems where analysis of situations requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors.
- Strong conflict resolution skills to build a high performing team
- Experience managing multiple large projects & associated leadership teams.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, and possesses strong emotional intelligence skills.
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, 401k with company match and, of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives off of creativity and individuality.
Please Contact our recruiter, Rebecca Davis: firstname.lastname@example.org