Head of Mythical Europe + Studio General Manager
13 days ago
We are Mythical Games. A Venture-backed next-generation game technology company at the intersection of video games and economics led by industry veterans. Our goal is to lead the industry in supporting the launch of exceptional video game experiences that leverage distributed ledger technology by providing a platform of robust technology, tools, and data for game developers.
We are looking for a dynamic Head of Mythical Europe + Studio General Manager who will lead the international expansion of Mythical into Europe. As the Studio Head, you will be responsible for leading the studio to develop new products, partnerships, features, content, and tactics to drive the success of live games within our ecosystem. You will be responsible for setting an optimal organizational structure to leverage and coordinate all disciplines within the studio including Product Management, Production, Art, Engineering, Design, QA, etc. You will be responsible for cultivating a high-performing studio culture in the service of planning, developing, and operating a slate of commercially successful games.
This position will report directly to our Chief Revenue Officer.
- Develop and execute the strategic plan for the business, with an emphasis on service portfolio prioritization and optimization, determining where to invest, based on customer feedback to maximize the profitable growth of the business.
- Work closely with key functional leaders on critical business issues such as competitive positioning and competitive strategy; sales force effectiveness; new business development; and other initiatives to drive increased revenue growth. Create a value proposition that will support revenue growth and increased customer loyalty.
- Continually monitors the performance and metrics around the studio’s and partner’s live games, ensuring the insights from in-game metrics, player feedback, and competitive analysis are distilled into effective communication and decision-making processes. Leads a nimble, iterative development process within the studio to maximize product performance and player experience through features, content, promotions, integrations, and other tactics.
- Establish and communicate a clear vision and culture for the business. Foster an environment that stimulates open communication, creativity, and imagination, and engenders a team spirit in solving problems and identifying and capturing new business opportunities.
- Ensure that the region is a customer-centric organization that is responsive to external issues as well as to internal staff needs.
- Develop and maintain key strategic partnership relations in the region.
- Ensures the region maintains close partnerships with product management teams, marketing, business development, legal and other groups as required to ensure optimization of product opportunities that create awareness and drive additional revenue opportunities (e.g. partnerships, promotions, etc.).
- Ensures appropriate leverage of shared services such as Customer Support, Analytics, QA, Localization, etc. to benefit efficient studio operations and product success.
- Responsible for all legal issues related to the studio. Works with Mythical’s legal team, taking appropriate steps to ensure our products conform to all legal constraints and parameters. Serves as the business signatory for legal agreements.
- 10+ years of game development experience, including a significant duration building and operating live ops games with teams of considerable size
- Experience operating at least one top-grossing title in a senior leadership capacity
- Proven superior understanding of game development and the production processes, especially within a live game environment
- Previous experience leading successful international expansion ideally into Europe
- Demonstrable experience in developing strategic and business plans
- Thorough knowledge of market changes and forces that influence a company
- Strong leadership skills required. Must be able to inspire confidence and foster teamwork and a shared vision among teams
- Critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills are a must
- Demonstrated experience managing communications effectively across a large organization while motivating and inspiring action
- Strong interpersonal skills. Must be diplomatic, able to influence others, and build consensus across executive, employee, and stakeholder interactions
- Requires periodic travel (may include international travel)
Our team values diversity and believes that it strengthens our games, products, and communities. We strongly encourage POC, folks with disabilities, those belonging to the LGBTQIA+ communities, and folks across all gender identities to apply.
We offer our team benefits such as (but not limited to) high-quality Vision, Dental, and Health Care, generous Parental Leave, and Unlimited PTO to ensure that they actually take time off without the stress of needing to accrue time.
If you need assistance around accommodations due to a disability, please reach out to email@example.com. We’ll be with you as soon as possible; our goal is to ensure an accessible and equitable interview process for everyone.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.