Head of Marketing, SEA
21 days ago
Riot Games was established in 2006 by avid gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience, and beyond! We’re looking for passionate professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. We embrace those who see things differently and aren’t afraid to experiment.
That's where you come in.
As the Head of Marketing, you will oversee all marketing for Riot’s self-published games in the Southeast Asia (SEA) region. You will leverage Riot’s global vision to guide and implement local marketing efforts focused on attracting the next generation of SEA players to our games. You are an authority when it comes to local insights, and have a firm grasp of the gaming landscape. You love to challenge convention and possess an entrepreneurial spirit. You’re willing to embrace the unknown, and come up with groundbreaking initiatives that take our relationship with players and fans across SEA to the next level.
Reporting to the General Manager of SEA, you will lead a cross-functional team of marketing professionals across brand, creative, and communications to drive bespoke and hyper-local campaigns that bring value, excitement, and trust to our players. As an integral member of the SEA leadership team, you will work directly with our leaders from Publishing & Product, Esports, Technology, and Business Operations to take Riot to new heights in SEA.
As a Singapore Rioter, you’ll join an internationally and culturally diverse team of professionals that share our obsession with player experience. The Singapore team oversees the Southeast Asia region: Malaysia, Thailand, Philippines, Singapore, Indonesia, Vietnam, and Taiwan.
- Build a holistic cross-market and cross-product marketing strategy across our key markets in SEA
- Lead the development and implementation of marketing programs, which span initiatives focusing on the following areas across our product portfolio and within our key markets:
- Strategy development
- Public relations and communications
- Government relations
- Paid media
- Asset production
- Content operations
- Community management and community events
- Influencer management and influencer programs
- Channel management
- Brand partnerships
- Partner with SEA leads and Central leads to support our publishing partners, esports, grassroots programs, and merchandise & IP licensing.
- Build and lead a high performing team; regularly assess the team’s health, and composition; with a relentless strive for cohesion gains across the board
- Support the regional business strategy development and implementation as a member of Riot SEA’s leadership team
- Experienced and educated: You have deep marketing craft. You've earned your bachelors in a relevant field and may even have an MBA as well. Ideally, you have at least 8 years of experience. You’ve managed the delivery of complex projects and products. You've created campaigns and driven large-scale marketing initiatives that champion player experience while challenging marketing conventions in the industry.
- Strategic: You have a broad vision of the SEA marketing landscape. Your strategic planning and results-driven attitude makes you an effective leader who can balance and prioritize short-term solutions without losing sight of the long-term vision; when making key decisions, you leave no variable unturned, including project scope, scheduling, viability of launches, risks and mitigation, and efficient issue escalation.
- People leadership: You naturally build, lead, and inspire teams by walking the talk. You think strategically about the skills your team needs to develop and define a holistic plan that includes on-the-job and training options. You are self-aware, you can take feedback well, and you remain open to constructive criticism. You can recognize failure and learn from mistakes. You coach your team members to achieve best results and you facilitate their development.
- Analytical: You're able to expertly explore metrics and analyze gamer trends to construct business cases that support initiatives, help establish best practices, position products and develop strategies for creative and media.
- Player focused: You understand your impact on the player experience because you are a player too. You use that knowledge to improve the overall experience of all our games. You take play seriously and you might also like game related topics such as board games, comics, and pop culture in general
- Industry Leadership: You are familiar with some or all of our SEA markets and you’re able to adjust our marketing strategy to the region. Ideally, you have extensive experience in the gaming industry - particularly in mobile gaming. You stay up-to-date and ahead of the curve of marketing initiatives carried out by other innovative gaming and media companies.
- Command of a relevant language: Preferred but not required (Mandarin, Thai, Vietnamese, Tagalog, Bahasa Malay, Bahasa Indonesian)
- Full relocation support
- Full health insurance for you, your spouse and children
- Open paid time off
- Savings benefit with company matching
- Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability
- Play Fund so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community through games
- Wellness Fund to encourage a balanced body and mind
- Monthly phone bill allowance
- Monthly food allowance
- We will double down on your donations of time and money to non-profits
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.