Head of Marketing Operations
San Francisco, California, United States
18 days ago
The Discord family is looking for a marketing operations professional with deep program management experience. This role will be responsible for the definition, implementation and efficient & effective governing of the global marketing process including agency best practices, ensuring the most productive use of our people resources, external partners and identifying the right processes & governance models to deliver high-quality work.
Discord is growing fast. You are comfortable with a fast-paced, hands-on environment and you have a track record of keeping multiple programs and initiatives moving in parallel. You have demonstrated the ability to communicate effectively at all levels of an organization and have an appetite for building and innovation.You will work alongside a team of talented marketers, creatives and innovators as well as other awesome internal teams. You may also high-five some people along the way...virtually.
As a member of the marketing team, you’ll help facilitate and guide how we communicate the Discord brand to the world.
We are a friendly, collaborative team that focuses on creating high-quality experiences that elevate Discord above everything else. If you love managing projects and working with highly creative people, you’ll fit right in at Discord.
What you'll be doing
- Define, implement and maintain the processes and systems that govern the work in the marketing team. This includes defining Discord’s approach to project management, workflows, meeting operating cadence, key documentation and governing processes
- Adapt project management methodologies such as Agile, Scrum etc to the Discord marketing organization and be responsible for the ongoing training and instituting of best practices across the team
- Create centralized processes, documentation, and training materials to improve operational excellence
- Manage capacity and resourcing management of the people power of the marketing team against the business priorities of the marketing team
- Define, implement and evolve Discord’s approach to agency management
- Liaise with Finance on strategic sourcing and management of our agency roster, including onboarding
- Operationalize Discord’s project management model using the company tools and technology to support it
What you should have
- 10 + years in a marketing program or project management role with at least 2+ years in a manager role aligning deliverables across teams
- Global experience and understanding of working across international markets
- A strategic leader with deep understanding of organizational effectiveness and a champion of efficiency. Expertise within complex, global consumer marketing organizations
- A keen analytical mind for understanding how projects, people and processes can work together for maximum efficiency and efficacy
- Proven ability to ensure collaboration across multiple stakeholders with and without reporting structure alignment
- Experience in managing creative agency rosters and sourcing processes
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and an ability to communicate effectively at all levels of an organization, including executive reporting
- A self-starter, able to identify required action and execute with minimal supervision
- Experience managing several simultaneously executing projects while keeping project management, scheduling and communication cleanly operational
- Excel at rapid decision-making, consensus building and conflict resolution, all within the context of hard deadlines and the need to demonstrate results
- Experience using Asana
- Experience using collaborative task and project management tools
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is a plus
- Experience building communities (gaming, creator, education)
Benefits and Perks
- Medical insurance including Health, Dental, Vision
- 13 paid holidays
- Unlimited sick days
- Parental Leave and fertility benefits
- Supported-employee clubs and Employee Resource Groups
- Commuter Contributions of $270 a month (pretax)
- Daily lunches and unlimited snacks
- Monthly gym and fitness stipend
Friends, coworkers, gamers, nerds, moms, dads, engineers, designers, marketers, support. Originally, we created Discord to help people come together around games. It's been amazing to watch it grow into what it is today - a place where millions of diverse communities exist and people connect with old friends and new. Diversity and inclusiveness are a critical part of how we get to what's next. We believe that with diversity comes a better product, better decisions, and a better work environment. As we continue to grow, our values keep us dedicated to building a company that is representative of the world we live and play in.
Discord is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting an inclusive work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We value diversity, inclusion, and aim to provide a sense of belonging for everyone.