This job might no longer be available.
Head of Marketing Expansive Worlds
Stockholm Stockholm County SE
3 months ago
At Expansive Worlds our mission is to create outstanding, realistic and immersive outdoor gaming experiences. As our divisions Head of Marketing you’ll play a pivotal role for our future player engagement over our entire product life-cycle. With your team at hand you’re driving user acquisition/retention/reactivation, while shaping our brand awareness and identity of our products and subsequent monetization. You will lead and shape a world-class Marcom team and identify our plan and execute on opportunities that will impact new, existing and potential players, as well as build strong processes to tangibly measure success.
As our Head of Marketing you’ll work closely with our Live and Development teams to design and execute international marketing campaigns that create awareness and engagement around the products as well as with our communities. The ideal candidate knows how to excite players in an authentic way, using meaningful in-game and around-game content, to generate traffic and extend gameplay.
We are looking for a humble, ambitious and self-sufficient Head of Marketing who can push our world beyond its limits.
At Expansive Worlds we consider us all being team players, hence leadership and guidance comes by nature. As a person you share our love for outdoor activities, recreation and passion for making great outdoors greater in our crafting. You bring experience in leadership positions where you’ve challenged and inspired others to be their best selves, personally and professionally.
You’re a seasoned expert in your field with strong knowhow in creating digital campaigns, efficiency in community management, deep understanding of content marketing activities, as well as driving brand awareness and conversion across multiple channels. In addition, you have good insight to “how, what and why” to measure impact of our plans with purpose to optimize them as we grow in to the future. Hence, you’ve got experience using analytics to measure campaigns, you are driven by KPIs and are comfortable using your wide array of tools to craft successful marketing campaigns. Having acquired this experience in the video games industry and/or mobile environments is a bonus.
At Expansive Worlds and within Avalanche Studios Group we take work-life balance seriously. We trust your personality default to sign up for it, nurture your team accordingly and act as ambassador for how we invest in our people.
- Strategically accountable for marketing and communications, community management and customer support of all products within division portfolio
- Accountable for all divisional marketing strategies, global & local, and activities pre- and post launch, working in tandem with Product Owners
- Responsible for the overall brand position communication, and assist in constantly evaluating new exciting market opportunities
- Manage 3rd parties, as per set marketing strategies
- Accountable for defined KPIs within the field of marketing; acquisition/retention/reactivation/ROI
- Stakeholder and subject matter expert in development phase to optimize release and live activities
- Lead and execute high performing digital media initiatives from start to end
- Oversee and study our game performance on the market and find opportunities to improve activities
- Be the focal point of cross-functional collaboration between Product Owner and Marcom team
- Build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders; business and media partners, community influencers and marketing agencies
- Partner with Product Owners and Managing Directors to prioritize marketing spend in specific regions and ensure the optimal allocation of resources
- 5+ years working with consumer marketing, digital marketing or equivalent
- 5+ years management experience, with a proven track record of growing and empowering direct reports
- 3+ years working in international environment
- Extensive knowledge of the digital marketing field including acquisition channels, content marketing, social media, influencers and online press/media
- Knowledge of marketing analytics, setting KPIs and delivering ROI
- Excellent English communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong organizational skills and time management skills
- Collaborative, proactive and self-motivated
- Team player
- Self-sufficient and can-do attitude
- A passion for outdoor activities
- Previous experience from marketing within the video games industry
- Experience working in an international environment
- Find comfort and drive in an environment under evolvement and in a level of ambiguity
- A nature to contribute with energy and drive
We will only consider applications that consist of both a cover letter and a CV. In your cover letter you should include why you want to work at Avalanche Studios and which games you are currently playing. For this role you need to be able to work full-time in our Stockholm office.
At Avalanche Studios, we believe in worlds without limits, and we are committed to developing a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Being part of our world is not contingent on where you’re from, your gender, or sexual orientation. It’s all about your passion, courage and craftsmanship.
Our state of the art studio is located in the beautiful area of Södermalm, in the center of Stockholm and the Game industry Hub. Our studio is a beautiful place inspired by our catalog of games. We hope you’ll come to think of this place as your home turf and creative foundation.
Avalanche Studios is the original creator of the award-winning Just Cause franchise (published by Square Enix) and the developer of Mad Max (published by Warner Bros. Interactive) and Rage 2 (published by Bethesda Softworks). As a publisher, Avalanche Studios has released theHunter: Call of the Wild, Generation Zero and the free-to-play service theHunter Classic which has reached more than 8 million players across 190 countries. Avalanche Studios was founded in 2003 and is based in Stockholm, New York City and Malmö. The studio develops games using its proprietary Apex technology, enabling huge open worlds filled with emergent gameplay. Learn more at www.avalanchestudios.com