Senior Manager, Localization Operations EMEA+
11 days ago
Localization's vision is to be the industry-leading force behind the most authentic and culturally resonant global entertainment.
Within this role you will lead and determine the operational strategy, vendor management, and execution excellence standards across EMEA and Americas regions. You will take care of communications with leadership partners to remove blockers, establish global policies and ensure that Localization functions to support Riot's growth for years to come.
Being a strategic owner for Localization operations space (Europe & Americas region - EU, RU, TR, MEX, BR, MENA). You will own operational success across multiple markets and identify trends, new partnerships with vendors and strategic opportunities to optimize for scalability and localization quality. You will lead internal and external teams to build a high-performance culture, establishing criteria for success, defining goals, and creating organizational accountability for defined success metrics.
At Riot Games, we work in hybrid mode. You will need to be in the Dublin office on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays and you will report to the Head of Global Localization
- Lead European and Americas Localization Operations functions
- Core part of Global Localization leadership group
- Define strategic success criteria aligned with Global strategy
- Identify strategic opportunities and drive resolution
- Drive global alignment by building bridges across localization and partner teams
- Define OKRs and success criteria for Localization Operations connected to Global strategy
- Own financial forecasting for the assigned regions
- Manage local stakeholder relationships with CMs, GMs, Publishing leaders
- Own operational excellence and drive strategic optimizations for external partners
- Manage cross-disciplinary in-house Rioters across multiple offices, instill strong values and resiliency
- Own all aspects of comp, performance, hiring, and team development
- Instill a one-team mindset & drive collaboration across geographies & functions
- 7+ years experience in a leadership role, 3+ years managing leaders
- 5+ years of experience in vendor or partner management
- Experience growing, scaling a global Localization vendor program
- Have in-depth knowledge of Localization QA processes and best practices and the ability to improve or implement new standards
- Knowledge of common tools and workflows used in Localization (Project, content management, bug tracking, translation memories, purchasing)
- English professional proficiency.
- Experience developing strategic plans, operating standards, risk analysis, change management initiatives
- Communicate and implement complex strategies in a dynamic global organization with multiple stakeholders and dependencies
- Demonstrated experience supporting teams in EU, Americas regions
- Knowledge of European and Americas player preferences, cultural norms and standards
- Solid knowledge of the European and/or Americas markets and vendor landscapes
- Customer empathy and a deep understanding of the value of services delivered
- Additional languages is a plus
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and choices that focus on your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
We offer medical and dental plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
Let's Thrive Together:
Because together we are better.
We know that fresh and varied perspectives will make us better at what we do, so however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, we're excited to hear from you. Don't be discouraged if you feel you don't fully meet every single one of the requirements for a particular role, there's always room for growth at Riot. If you spot a role that will make you want to jump out of bed in the morning, we are waiting to hear from you! Don't forget to include a resume. We receive many applications, but we'll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you Dare to Dream and Execute with Excellence.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.