Head of Government Relations
1 month ago
The Corporate Communications team shapes Riot's global identity and reputation with players, future Rioters, partners, governments, and more. Our team functions include public relations, government affairs, executive visibility, recruiting social media, riotgames.com editorial content, and more. We partner with teams across the company to showcase how Riot makes it better to be a player. We love games and telling the stories that emerge during development, but we also help explain Riot to people who don't love games quite as much as we do.
As Head of Government Relations, reporting to Riot's SVP of Global Corporate Affairs, you will build Riot's government relations function and grow our relationships with federal, state, and regional policymakers; industry trade associations; and other regulatory influencers in the gaming and entertainment space. You will guide our government relations strategy at the federal level, in its headquarter state (CA) and across all of the U.S regions in which Riot operates. You will also serve as a guide to Riot's country managers and representatives outside the U.S. in developing local government relations strategies and informing Riot's entrance into new markets. You will have established relationships, expertise in working on complex national and global issues, and experience navigating areas of litigation and regulatory inquiries. You will analyze policy trends and proposed legislation, identifying opportunities/gaps for Riot and work directly with government leaders. You will build a team with genuine passion for the entertainment and gaming industry.
- Develop a global government relations strategy for Riot
- Establish and grow relationships with local and national policymakers, trade groups, and influencers on behalf of Riot
- Provide recommendations on policy trends and proposed legislation
- Create mitigation strategies to get ahead of potential inquiries
- Craft partner narratives and programs that bolster Riot's policy efforts
- Arrange and represent Riot in briefings and relationship-building efforts with important partners
- Provide craft expertise and guidance to policymaker-facing Riot executives outside the U.S. (where they exist) and serve as an important contact for regional teams who do not yet have government relations support
- Prepare senior executives at Riot for all policy-related engagements
- Assess and manage external support agencies/firms
- Partner with Riot's Communications, Legal, Karma, and International teams to ensure agreement on all government/policy efforts
- 12+ years of experience working in government relations, public affairs, or on political campaigns
- Connected in both California and at the federal level, with experience partnering with local teams outside the U.S.
- Experience working with multiple internal partners in a creative environment
- Experience with successful lobbying strategies and how policy-making works
- Experience building a team
- Comfortable operating at a strategic level, but willing to dive into the tactical as well
- Available for travel when needed
- Expertise in entertainment
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit , and choices that focus on your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children and a 401k with company match . Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect . We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in gaming
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).